"Wasted Aftermath" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, September 29, 2017, 05:00:41 PM

Blooby

MoO - The Worst Title - Holey Roof
Time:
0:00
Volume:

John and I got together about a month ago. I've been sitting on this tune for a few weeks. I kept thinking it a) needed a transition between the 1st and second verses, b) a solo should be dropped in after the first chorus, c) needed to comp the vocals, d) had to go back and program the rest of the tune's drums, e) guitar solo tone too hollow and modulated, and f) the disgustingly happy outro solo didn't jibe with the dour nature of the tune. Well, I seem to have found myself in the scotch this evening, and I came to peace with this arrangement.

Aberfeldy 12 if anybody is keeping score.

Hope all is well out there.

Blooby

Wasted Aftermath

Storm has passed
Rains stopped falling
Winds have died
Water keeps rising

At the end
Of a washed out road
No way out
'Til God only knows

Lines came down
With the trees
Floors awash
Lord, help us please

Quiet sobs
Looks of despair
Silent tears
No comfort to spare

She came raging
Along a shifting path
Stuck in her
Wasted aftermath

Feel the tension
Like a noose
Hanging from
The hole in the roof

Last few candles
Gutter and shrink
Little to eat
Less to drink

She came raging
Along a shifting path
Stuck in her
Wasted aftermath

SE

Cool sounding pro track, obviously inspired by the recent storms. The vocals and guitar are great, but that's what I would expect from the two of you, enjoyed it lots!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Redler

This rocks, guys!!

Great vocals and the lead guitar additions sounds so good! Loved that tone of the guitar at 1:40.

Fantastic job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Top class, as always guys,
Great vox and brilliant Guitar work,
Love it, and Aberfeldy, the town and the Scotch, Aberfeldy is about 8 miles from me.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Hook

Dudes top shelf shit going on here. Love that chorus, cool changes and your vocal just drives it all home.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

A bit different, a bit quirky and a lot good! The chord changes are excellent Blooby as is the guitar solo (great tone) and Lurker's vocals are right on. The lyric content lays it out there.....stupid hurricane. Nice work guys!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

chapperz66

Loads going on here.  Love the chord changes - they couldn't have been easy to sing over!  Great guitar tone as always.

Paul

TPB

Great song especially with all that has been going on Pro class all the way
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

bruno

Super track - reminded me of Uriah Heep - a band that I love.
This is so good.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Greeny

Fucking awesome. So good that swearing is required.

Love that pounding, driving core - like Abacab by Genesis but a cooler, classic rock variation. 

Dirty, dark chord changes and some spectacular rhythm and lead guitar work, capped off by a great vocal.

It finished a bit quick for me - I'd have been happy with an extended 8 minute freak out!