New guitar day 2017

Started by ODH, September 10, 2017, 10:57:11 AM

ODH

I've had a moment of weakness and got myself a used Fender Player Series Telecaster off of Gumtree. It's a thing of beauty. It has the fat-Strat pickup configuration and a five position selector and coil tapping. .

I'm a Tele man, there's no getting away from it.

I can't figure out how to link to Flickr from my phone so they appear in the message body so I've attached them for now. I'll have a go in work tomorrow.

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Mike_S

Cor blimey, that sure is lovely. I have never seen a tele look so nice. I can see why u parted with your cash for this one!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

bruno

That's a beaut. Can't wait to hear it!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

At heart I'm a Tele guy also. I do like that deep relief on the back for comfort. The dark shiny wood grain finish looks great!
I bet it rocks with that humbucker in the bridge position. Great snag!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

What a beaut, I've always been a Strat man but I could change if it sounds as good as it looks.  Willie

recorder
Boss BR-800

Blooby

That first picture is rather artsy. I appreciate the Batman angle. Love Teles. Nice score.

Back to Irma.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

that's a beaut, im still trying to convince mrs rottenhead, i need a tele. a cheap harley benton one tho, not the real macoy. cant wait to hear you put it to good use.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

That's a fine general my brother!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

It's a beauty, I shouldn't read these posts they give me gas,
I always regret selling my USA one in the late 60s, in blonde with the chrome cover,
Can't wait to hear it Nick.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

cuthbert

Looks like a real beauty, Nick. Loving the visible woodgrain and the carved back - also can't wait to hear it.

I haven't played a Tele since my first foray into electric guitars (a sunburst-finish Cobra Tele clone, made in Japan in the 70s). Knowing what I know now, wish I still had that guitar, although it was in need of a decent setup when I bought it (really high action), and I was sorely ignorant of any concept guitar setup back then.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase