Kayla and Maddie Live

Started by BAG, May 09, 2009, 09:08:33 PM

Geir

WOW. You have a truly talented family! Kayla has amazing skills for her age and what impresses me the most is how tight she's playing. Many kids can learn to play the right notes/chords, but VERY few has the ability to keep the rhythm like your daughter. And performing like that and even singing backing vox while playing ... WOW. And you 5 year old is catching up (saw her Ode to joy) and will surely be a nice complement to you family-band in a few years, her backing vox is already great!

And Dani ... WOW what a beautiful voice !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

You must be a very happy man!

That was great!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

BAG

Quote from: Geir on May 13, 2009, 01:40:27 AMWOW. You have a truly talented family! Kayla has amazing skills for her age and what impresses me the most is how tight she's playing. Many kids can learn to play the right notes/chords, but VERY few has the ability to keep the rhythm like your daughter. And performing like that and even singing backing vox while playing ... WOW. And you 5 year old is catching up (saw her Ode to joy) and will surely be a nice complement to you family-band in a few years, her backing vox is already great!

And Dani ... WOW what a beautiful voice !!!!

Thanks Geir.

Actually Maddie is coming along really well and is now playing the chords with quite good rhythm and changes to Horse With No Name, Knockin on Heavens Door and also Zombie by the Cranberries. When i get a chance to put them on video I'll post it up.

As for Kayla's rhythm, when she got her first guitar on her 7th birthday we put in the lesson CD that came with it and she immediately started plinking away on the one note in almost perfect rhythm to the CD beat.My wife, brother and myself all looked at each other and thought we were seeing something potentially special.

But then again, i am a little (lot) biased.

Quote from: Kody on May 12, 2009, 10:47:21 PMDo you guys drink Foster's lol....They used to have a commercials played all time over here: Foster's, Australian for beer hah!!

It's funny, i haven't known any Aussies who drank Forsters for around 20 years, haven't even seen any, and I have worked in pubs and clubs for the last 20 years, but it is probably still the best known Aussie beer overseas. But i will shout you a schooner of Tooheys New or two............(interpretation....."i'll buy you a big glass of beer or two") ;D
Just a roadie again.....

Dmann

This is great, It's the thing I love about music the most is it's a universal type of entertainment that everyone loves, and when you can share it with your kids it's even more amazing.

I remember listening to a posting of yours a while back. Keep em coming!! I love hearing how children sound/play because it's so original as to compaired to myself, where I sound like covers I've been playing for 20 years.

I have been working with my son alot teaching him to play guitar, and he jams with our band every other weekend. it's a real good feeling for me, as it's quality time I get to spend with my teenager that a lot of parents do not get to do.

BAG

I just hope my kids are still interested when they are teenagers. I have this occasional fear that they will be sick of it by then. I hope I'm wrong.

So when do we get to hear some of your sons stuff?
Just a roadie again.....