Hurricane Season

Started by Mach, July 31, 2017, 05:53:12 AM

ODH

We've had a weather warning issued here for strong winds and related disruption overnight. They're warning of sustained winds of 20-25mph gusting to 40mph in exposed areas. Your situation kind of puts that into perspective. I'll be thinking of you all over the next 24 hours.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hook

Winds have picked up quite a bit and power has flickered off a lot but on right now. Drank some rum, watched another movie with the kids and settling down for the night. So far we are A OK.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Lurker

We just woke up (again), and everything appears to be here.  We have power and water.  Still raining and windy, but radar shows that rain may stop soon.  What remains of the eye appears to be very close.  My mother has reported in as okay.  Friends nearby have lost power, so may be coming for breakfast.  Friends in Jacksonville have retreated to an upstairs apartment.  The river has risen nearly to their doorstep.  I would send a text to check on Blooby, but he may be dreaming about having a romp with his guitars and pedals.  It would be a sin to interrupt that.  I'll wait a while.

Blooby

Now that was a fitful night. Still having some tropical storm gusts through early to mid afternoon. 50-60 foot limb missed my covered deck by a few feet and a 70-80 foot pine tree snapped in two. The center (no longer an eye really) just passed us. My pedals are safe. The Tube Screamer bunker was worth the $20,000 investment. Was watching Sharknado V at 3:00 last night. It seemed appropriate.

The stray cat I took in is not happy. I don't know how to feed him or get him out without getting my throat ripped out.

Boss tried to get over to school/shelter, but down power lines and trees thwarted him. I'm not going anywhere for a while.

I can still hear by rook get buffeted by small limbs. My neighbor (weird Ed) was just outside with a rake.

I love this neighborhood.

Peace.

Blooby

Groundy

Glad you are safe, Blooby.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Blooby

Found one gas station/convenience store open (although they were out of gas). I then spied the open liquor store. Got scotch, Guinness, and four pack of Sex on the Beach and Moscow Mules for some variety. Again, I love this neighborhood.

Lots of large oaks down closer to Lurker. Some closed roads and flooding.

Blooby

Geir

Great to hear you are OK John and Bruce.

Hook? Mach?    .......

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Blooby

Hook texted me: "Made it through fine. Can't log into Songcrafters...bad internet and no power, but we are good."

Jacksonville got slammed with historic flooding. I hope Mach can check in soon. Haven't heard from BrettBob either.

Blooby

Redler

I hope you all are in safe.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs