"Didge Me Up" - instr. original

Started by SdC, May 09, 2009, 12:02:32 PM

SdC

didge_me_out
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Wanted to do something a bit dancy today. Started fooling around with the delay on the drums and three hours and many dubs later.....

recorder
Boss BR-600

Bro

I'm usually not very much into this kind of thing, but i as a matter of fact enjoy this.

Great job!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

SdC

Haha neither am I  :D
Just felt like "stepping out" for a bit, away from A-minor. But, in the end, couldn't help myself laying that bluesy track on top  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-600

The Reverend 48

Quote from: SdC on May 09, 2009, 12:23:38 PMJust felt like "stepping out" for a bit, away from A-minor. But, in the end, couldn't help myself laying that bluesy track on top  ;D
I'm glad you stepped out 8)...Its like "Ry Cooder meets Crocodile Dundee" :D
Love the panned guitars...very clever 8)
how do you do that?

SdC

Quote from: 48 on May 11, 2009, 07:25:05 AMI'm glad you stepped out 8)...Its like "Ry Cooder meets Crocodile Dundee" :D
Love the panned guitars...very clever 8)
how do you do that?
I'm glad someone likes it anyway. It's a real multi-track improv (dub-trip)
I'll explain how I did the recording:
1. Drums: ROCK-intro-4 pattern only, with Kit 808 and Delay to get a "shuffle" feel
2. T56V1: Didgeridoo. That was a fun part to play: had to hit the open E on the guitar and press Hold on the GR-33 for 4 minutes :)
3. T78V1: arpeggio synth
4. T4V1: "slap bass" synth
5. T3V1: arpeggio guitar (w. echo)
6. T1V1: screaming guitar 1- left (full rev.)
7. T2V1: screaming guitar 2 - right (got lost in the mix somewhat)
8. T78V2: Bounced with a Live mix (I recorded all parts continuously for almost 4 minutes, and mixed in the buildup, breaks and fadeout)
9. T56V2: Lead guitar stereo
10. T1V2: panned guitar 1 - left
11: T2V2: panned guitar 2 - right
12: T78V3: bounced mixdown

recorder
Boss BR-600

Flash Harry

Did you blow that didge originally?

Fascinating track.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SdC

haha no i blew it with the roland gr-33. i have grunted through the hollow tree once or twice, but don't own one.
Inspiration for this track are mainly Jamiroqai's "emergency on planet earth", and Steve Winwood's "night train".

recorder
Boss BR-600

Satchwood

Wow some multi-level ear-candy!

Your starting a new 12-step program!

I enjoyed listening - I love this kind of creative stuff!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Very cool groove and nice improv. It's great when you get inspiration from just foolong around with something and create a real piece of work.

Quote from: SdC on May 12, 2009, 11:32:41 AMi have grunted through the hollow tree once or twice
Sounds like a euphemism for throwing up to me, but I assume you mean playing the digeridoo, right....?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SdC

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on May 13, 2009, 05:58:58 AM....
Sounds like a euphemism for throwing up to me, but I assume you mean playing the digeridoo, right....?

Cheers,

Nigel
I'm no stranger to either, but yeah. :)

recorder
Boss BR-600