improv jam....

Started by shiggity, May 09, 2009, 10:02:08 AM

shiggity

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

hers a lil' jam from the soundcheck of prax last night. recoreded this with the BR to soundcheck the new pedal I just got. A Analogman King Of Tone.

http://www.box.net/shared/uafpz6yltr

OsCKilO

Great Jam....!

Tight and funky!

Cool

Peace

T(Osckilo) 8)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bro

Great funk! I like it!

I wish more folks uploaded something like this.

Love it :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Boognish

I like that a lot.  nice roomy sound also. 
Okay to cover.

shiggity

Thanks guys. could have sworn that I replied to this, must have forgot to hit the post button. lol

Flash Harry

Neat stuff. Good drumming.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

hewhoiscalledj

Awesome funk session! But was it just me or did the recording seem a little quiet? I had my computer speakers turned up past half and it wasnt very loud.

Did you record that session with the built in mic? do you remember what your settings were like? where'd you place the BR?

Sorry, not trying to attack your techinique, just curious...

shiggity

it was away from us. on the other side of the room. my drummer is a heavy hitter and is always cliping the mic. I had the only Limit fx on but just at the factory setting. the sensitivity on the mic was bottomed out and the input level was back off from the over light  lighting up

shiggity

any suggestions on how to set this up better would be greatly apprieciated.

Geir

Quote from: shiggity on May 13, 2009, 05:45:54 AMany suggestions on how to set this up better would be greatly apprieciated.
Always difficult with live recordings and it's better to be on the safe side. If you tweak the mastering effect you can boost the level up to a better level when mastering. Or you can normalize the track i audacity or some other SW on the computer.

cheers

oh yes .. Nice post BTW
Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........