Vote for the July/August 2017 "Originals" festival

Started by 64Guitars, June 24, 2017, 02:15:02 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from July 1 to August 31. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on June 29th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Originals" festival. There is no poll for the "Covers" festival this time because of the tie-breaker poll last time in which it was decided that the July/August Covers Fest would be:

The Byrds

Covers of songs by The Byrds or solo works by Roger McGuinn, Gene Clark, David Crosby, & Chris Hillman.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• BandFest - Form a virtual band with other Songcrafters and submit original songs (or covers) performed with only that band. See https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15502.msg325214#msg325214 for more information.

• FalsettoFest - Embrace your falsetto voice and record it proudly. See this message for more information.

• Duets Fest - Here's the Wikipedia definition of Duet: "A duet is a musical composition for two performers in which the performers have equal importance to the piece, often a composition involving two singers or two pianists. It differs from a harmony, as the performers take turns performing a solo section rather than performing simultaneously."

• Traveling/Road songs -

• OneStringFest - All tracks except vocals, drums and percussion (all optional, of course) must be performed on only one string of a real stringed instrument (no synths, samplers, etc.) such as a guitar, bass, ukulele, or violin. Chords are not allowed since they can't be played on a single string. You can record more than one stringed instrument track but you can't combine tracks to produce chords of three or more notes.

• Songs about places -

• Songs about factual events -

• Songs about nuclear war -

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

The poll will soon be closed and, so far, only 8 people have voted.

Come on, folks.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Voting closed.

The winner for the Originals fest is

BandFest (banner image missing)

Form a virtual band with other Songcrafters and submit original songs (or covers) performed with only that band.
See https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15502.msg325214#msg325214 for more information.

And, as mentioned at the top of this topic, the Covers fest will be

TheByrds (banner image missing)

Covers of songs by The Byrds or solo works by Roger McGuinn, Gene Clark, David Crosby, & Chris Hillman.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

kenny mac

64Guitars

Yes, I think both of these fests will be great, assuming that enough people participate.

The fests don't start till Saturday July 1st but you can start planning for it right away. For BandFest, I think it would be a good idea to start sending PMs to the Songcrafters that you'd like in your band. Each member is only allowed to be in one band for the duration of the festival, so you'll want to contact people before they get snatched up by another band.

And you have to decide on a band name before you can post anything because we'll use the band name in the jukeboxes. So put your thinking caps on and come up with a name that all the band members agree on as soon as possible.

Once your virtual band has selected a band name, post it in the following topic and list all the band members.

BandFest Virtual Band Introductions:  https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=27034.0

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website