Started by chunk, June 24, 2017, 09:25:14 AM

chunk

One fine day, I'm gonna hold you in my robot arms
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I would have liked to have added a Vocoder. But sadly, I don't have one

Blooby

You had me at "vocoder." It saddens me that a Songcrafters song needed vocoder, and there was not one to be had. Actually, I'm very curious about the new TC Helicon's TalkBox Synth for just such an application.

On to the tune. Really thoughtful contrast of tones. Great attention to detail (like that weird percussion dealio right before the drums hit). It's Pat Metheny meets techno meets I don't know. Super well put together.

Blooby

launched

This is music I like to drive to, kind of a guilty pleasure thing. Everything works, everything sounds great and I am immediately in the zone. Sweet tune, I like it a lot!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Johnny Robbo

Superb stiff... reminds me a little of that band SKY from the late 70s. A gorgeous composition & arrangement. I love the contrast between the techno stuff and the acoustic guitar.
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Oldrottenhead

Playing catch up, work work work. Loving this , glad to see you around, if you need a vocoder pop round got some vocoder patches on my Juno di. Braw bro.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

Nice one chunk, I can see where you are coming from with that Robot voice..it would be a good idea.

chunk

chunk

Cheers James. I've actually just found a vocoder on FL Studio.

Blooby

Quote from: Johnny Robbo on June 26, 2017, 02:42:58 AMSuperb stiff... reminds me a little of that band SKY from the late 70s.

We used to have a TV show called Night Flight in the states, and I recall a Sky concert being rerun on it pretty often. I always respected John Williams for going beyond the normal mores of classical guitar in that band. I seem to recall the guitarist getting in major legal trouble later in his life.

Blooby

Mike_S

Great work... yes a little bit of robotic voice would be cool on this.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand