Take Me Back

Started by Mike_S, June 11, 2017, 01:26:21 PM

Mike_S

Take Me Back
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is the debut outing of my recently purchased Harley Benton Les Paul. It has taken me a while to get used to it. Wasn't helped by one of the tuning pegs coming loose and one of the strings wouldn't stay in tune. I think it took a bit of a knock somehow in my house. But after a bit of feeling a bit down I managed to fix it. It was the little circley washer type thing that sits on top of the peg keeping it in place had come out a wee bit. A gentle knock with a hammer did the trick to get it back in place !! :)

Anyway after a long time playing a strat was nice to play something different, does take a bit of getting used to, but the main thing is I like the sound it makes.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Really well played and a brilliant tone Mike,it's fantastic what you can fix with a hammer... ;D
Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Johnny Robbo

Quote from: Groundy on June 11, 2017, 11:39:33 PMReally well played and a brilliant tone Mike,it's fantastic what you can fix with a hammer... ;D
Alex

Yup... I'll second that! Glad you're enjoying the Harley, Mike!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Mach

So soothing, laid back and dreamy sounding. A hammer works wonders.

Mach

recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Wonderfully laid-back and soothing, I absolutely love this. I might have to have a go and some lyrics to it if I can find the time. Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rata-tat-tat

Something about the "feel" of a Les Paul.... Although Fenders have a good feel in their own capacity... I prefer the Les Paul... but then what do I know... I'm a drummer.... THIS IS KEWL AS SHIT!!!... So laid back. Makes me want to kick back and enjoy my "Rocky Mountain High"..... I DIG IT!!! Hook... I hope you can find some time... this has "YOU" written all over it!!!!

V/R
Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Mike_S

Thanks for listening guys. Hook... it would be brilliant if you were to find time somehow to add some vocals to this. I would love to hear your unique spin on this!!

recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Hamtremmmmmmmmmmmorrrrrrr!!! Reminds me of a deeply hidden Thin Lizzy track that was never recorded.

Yes, I love it!!!!!

MarkyMagnitude
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Redler

So sweet tone on your guitar! I'm loving these kind of music...very laid back feeling!

Works well on instrumental, but I'm looking forward Hook's vocals!

Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

TPB

Very cool I hear a Jazzy back ground vocal in my head, would love to try a little vocal over this great piece
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away