Attachments

Started by The Reverend 48, May 08, 2009, 05:22:31 AM

The Reverend 48

I guess this is for Pedro (admin) is it possible to have the opportunity of additional Options to all posts as there is a need to be able to edit and add stuff in all sections even if you are not the originator of that thread.....
Thanks for considering this ;)
Mike

SdC

I second that!
Now you get too many threads for a single song all over the place and it gets very confusing (version control).
Thanks!

recorder
Boss BR-600

64Guitars

I don't understand this request. You can already edit any of your own messages in any topic, regardless of who started the topic. Surely you're not asking for the ability to edit other people's messages? That would not be a good thing.

Would you clarify your request please?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SdC

I'm talking about adding attachments in secondary posts in all MP3 forums instead of just collaboration,, and I think 48 is talking about the same thing  :D

recorder
Boss BR-600

Greeny

Quote from: SdC on May 08, 2009, 09:47:06 AMI'm talking about adding attachments in secondary posts in all MP3 forums instead of just collaboration,, and I think 48 is talking about the same thing  :D

I took 48's post to mean that it's getting confusing in the 'post your work' section, because people are posting 'solo' tracks that others want to collaborate on. The way it stands, you need to start a new topic to make an addition.

This was the way it used to be! And I know it was stopped to prevent 'works in progress' getting posted. But it looks - in practice - as if certain collaborations are happening on this section anyway.

Not sure what the right answer is though... !

64Guitars

I think I see what you mean now. In the Post your MP3 boards, only the originator of a topic can add an MP3 to his message, and only when the topic is first created. I don't like that either.

I believe you can add any number of assorted attachments in all boards except Collaborations and Post your MP3. In those boards, you can only attach a single MP3. The Additional Options are disabled. I mentioned this in another topic and Pedro replied that this was intentional. But I hope he will reconsider this. I think that message editing should be consistent throughout all of the boards. Collaborations and Post your MP3 don't need a special MP3 attachment option. Instead, they should have the same Additional Options as the other boards. Then we could add any type and number of attachments to our messages (mp3, jpg, pdf, etc.). The forum software could check the file extension of the attachments and add the MP3 Player only if the extension is ".mp3".

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

Just being allowed to replace the .mp3 would be enough. I don't see any reason to keep the "old" version anyway.

Is that possible? Never tried it.

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

The Reverend 48

Sorry about the confusion...All I am requesting is the ability to edit your own MP3 and the ability to add a further MP3 to the thread

For an example on a recent post Ferryman suggested some mixing and mastering tips for one of my songs and I would have liked to post the new mix in the same thread....

Example2 I forgot to remove some crap at the end of a posted MP3 so I had to leave it instead of being able to replace it.......

Surely these are important refinements and can be accomodated in some way ie add + Additional Options to PostMp3 and collaborations.....
Thanks for Listening ;)

The Reverend 48

Pedro is this possible please?
Thanks
Mike

Pedro

Hi Mike! Sorry for the delay.

It is possible, I will work on it now. But maybe it is going to take a while.