Need Help In Choosing A Recorder

Started by Ronniejm, May 29, 2017, 11:31:57 AM

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on May 29, 2017, 03:14:42 PMWhat year were those? I've never seen them before but it Cleary became the br80.

Those two videos were uploaded in 2008 so I assume that's when the CD-2e was introduced.

The following introductory video for the CD-2i was uploaded by Roland in 2010, so I assume that's when it was introduced. Presumably, it replaced the CD-2e, so I assume the 2e was available from 2008 to 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yf8_3_HG1Y

Finally, the CD-2u seems to have been introduced in 2013. As far as I can tell, it's still available. I assume it replaced the CD-2i, so the CD-2i was available from 2010 to 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbQrZsoiig

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ronniejm

Wow guys, thanks so much for your time and help, ive learned more about different recorders in the last two hours than I could find in the last two weeks when I started this search, truly appreciate your help.

I wish you could meet George he's pretty unique, you would instantly like him:

1.  He has no qualms about picking up his guitar and giving you a song. and likes nothing more than when you pick up yours and give him a song, and he cares not a jot if you mess up on the F#m (I,m working on it)

and after a short while you would:

2. Realise just how much of a techno phobe he is, it's just the way he is, so in answer to your question 64, yes George does have a smart phone, but it was forced upon him, I had to put my number into his contacts for him, and then show him how to make a call via contacts, he was ready to write my number down. He dosent know how to text, when I used to text him he would always call me back, so now I just call him. He has know idea what an app is. I got a Skype call from another mate when I was with him one night on my iphone, we ended up playing a song all together, the two of us in the pub and Pete on the video, that just about blew George's mind.

Anyway thanks again, I'll spend some time looking over all the info you've sent and talk to George on Thursday.

Wish me luck

Cheers

Ronnie
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Boss BR-800

My Jukebox

T.C. Elliott

Late response, but... I know it's work, but it may be just as simple or maybe even more simple than any built in machine. If you just want to record a live play through then get a small hand held recorder like the Roland R-05 that records in WAV format. Then get the wife to download it to the computer (just plug it in and copy to your computer.) Then burn whatever you want with the computer. The recording part is super simple. And the copy part is no different than any other file on the computer. And burning is however you would normally do it on your computer. So easiest tech to have to mess with in my opinion.

Obviously, if you want better quality recordings, or the ability to improve/expand recording techniques in the future, then this would not be the best option.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Ronniejm

Thanks for your input TC, this is pretty much what we do at the moment, my friend records a bunch of songs on my Zoom H2, passes it back to me I download and burn them to CD on my PC.

Rinse and repeat.

The problem is we only see other once a week, which makes it two weeks beteween recordings and him being able to listen to his songs, so we want to take my part out of the equation.

My friend is computer phobic, never had one, never wants one, hence the reason we are looking for a totally stand alone machine, which he can sing into and will give him a CD out.

were currently looking at A Roland CD2u, as suggested by 64, but the price is the problem with that one.
Also having just bought himself a new guitar, the boss (his missus) is showing way too much interest, so this search could well be shelved for a while......

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Ronnie
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Boss BR-800

My Jukebox