Freedom

Started by OsCKilO, May 07, 2009, 03:25:29 PM

launched

This is my favorite of what you have done so far - not that you release anything substandard or anything, but this was over the top!! Almost Mad!! I feel the best is yet to come.

I'm not into astrology, but getting to listen to two great performances within 10 minutes of each other here (Satch's "Traveller in Time /w ORH's vox was the other) must mean some stars aligned somewhere recently. And they don't remind me of some other artist either!

I'm going to stop so I don't sound odd, but hopefully you catch my drift!  :D :-\ :o

Peace out, bro!

Mark

P.S. - Hope Kai starts feeling better.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

joseph

What a great piece, very spacial. You've managed to capture the breathtaking nature of the scenery quite well. Keep up the great work!

Bathrooms always provide incredible reverb. I have many friends who spent entire days in the bathroom, much to the confusion and consternation of their roommates, recording guitar and vocals.

Just try getting a whole band in there! :P
http://unstableau.tumblr.com - my blog: music, writings, doodles, etc

OsCKilO

Quote from: launched on May 07, 2009, 07:04:30 PMI'm not into astrology, but getting to listen to two great performances within 10 minutes of each other here (Satch's "Traveller in Time /w ORH's vox was the other) must mean some stars aligned somewhere recently. And they don't remind me of some other artist either!

Peace out, bro!

Mark

P.S. - Hope Kai starts feeling better.

It's a full moon in london tonight......
Don't sound strange to me......Into all that!

I thought it sounded Too simple without Kai....

Thats why I went to all the trouble in recording...Playing with myself in the bathroom! (That don't sound right......)

I'll post the feedback session...Strange stuff!!!!
Tried to hone the technique in this recording...

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

I can hear the wide open spaces and a little Western twang in that melody line, but most of all I love the way you've recorded those big strummed chords and turned them into a shimmering landscape of sound. I have a feeling your production / mixing methods are instinctive rather than technical.. i.e. you just have a great 'ear' for what's right. It really works. And yet again, I love knowing the emotion and imagery behind the music: it all adds to the feeling you manage to convey. Another cracker!

p.s. I've been to the grand canyon, including the totally unspoilt North Rim. You'll get there oneday too I hope. But what's strange is that I travelled to so many of these kind of places before I realised quite how beautiful Britain is when you open your eyes  :)

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI have many friends who spent entire days in the bathroom,
i spent the best part of my teens in the bathroom, but it wasn't my guitar i was twanging, too much information i know.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Nice tune - nice aura of distinctive melodies, and tangible quality, surrounding this song...very cool creative work! 

I'll have to take my little box to the bathroom as well - obviously great acoustics in there...  ;)
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

ORH SHAME ON YOU!!!

Oldrottenhead

apologies wiley, forgot there are ladies here,
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Once again, this is truly inspired.  I like the description of how this was recorded, it adds to the whole mystery of the piece.  It is like you have turned your whole home into a recording studio, very cool.  This feels like it was made in a mad zone of inspiration, usually the best music is made that way.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Thanks for the feedback again guys.

There may be a another verson of this on the way (with a little help ;) )?
Will keep you posted.....

Quote from: Greeny on May 08, 2009, 03:51:28 AMI have a feeling your production / mixing methods are instinctive rather than technical.. i.e.

Your right about that...... I still Haven't figured out how to use the MBR. Hence the elaborate bathroom habits...!

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 08, 2009, 03:54:19 PMThis feels like it was made in a mad zone of inspiration, usually the best music is made that way.

The zone didn't last very long......The Evil Mrs is hanging a load of washing in the bathroom recently! She wasn't pleased.... :D 

I wonder why my toothbrush tastes funny recently though........?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy