OsCKilO

FREEDOM
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Kai still isn't too well.

More alone time with the BR............

Should be back on board tomorrow!

America looks like an inspirational place.

Never had the time or Money to travel there........

It has so many sites of natural Beauty (and I hear they serve up Great big T-bone steaks like on the Flinstones, in most restaurants.......).

I've always wanted to trek the Grand Canyon. 

Spent a little time in the afternoon today thinking about trekking across it, and came up with this track.

I envy the guys that have this kind of thing on their door step (America or anywhere)....

I call this one "Freedom".........

Peace

T(Oskilo) ;)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tangled Wires

Wow, what an epic piece of music, goes perfectly with the stunning scenery above...well done, you deserve serious praise for this one

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

a stunning soundscape wow
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Quote from: osckilo on May 07, 2009, 03:25:29 PMI envy the guys that have this kind of thing on their door step (America or anywhere)....

That would be me.  I'm in Flagstaff, about an hour from the Grand Canyon.  I've got this idea that I'll take my Martin Backpacker guitar and my MBR and and spend the day in the canyon being inspired.  Maybe next week--if I can get caught up on work, and spend less time here on this forum.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

Love the pictures you make with your music ... Some funny, some thought-provoking some relaxing and some, like this, of greatness!

Well done ... always looking forward to your posts!!

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Goodness, this is a big and epic piece of music you have here. Almost orchestral in its scope and feel. Very complex and multi-faceted. A very mature piece of composition, well done!! Just loved it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Listening to it again, it sounds like an orchestra! How did you do it?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Wow! How did you do this? It's inspired! Utterly wonderful.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Wiley

I am with everyone else. WOW How did you do it. Great composition.  Awesome job !!!

OsCKilO

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!! ;D

Quote from: wiley on May 07, 2009, 05:17:03 PMHow did you do it.

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 07, 2009, 04:53:45 PMHow did you do this?

Are you sure you want to know..........

It will ruin the feel of it for you....................And a bit long winded now I've thought  about explaining it! :-\

Most of it involved me recording in my bathroom (Leave toilet seat up for extra Echo! Told you it would ruin it!!! :P), using an amp with reverb and a bit more Echo, rather than headphones to monitor your recording.

I used a little bit of "playing with feedback" to fill out the track...
There is a recording of me, Kai and Dave (Moggysan) "playing with feedback" at a jam session (I'll post it some time).....

Was weird what you can get out of it..... Stand close to the Amp with a fretted chord and the strings will ring themselves depending on what is playing. Like a ghost in your guitar...

I used my Garrison 12-String acoustic Guitar

You will also hear me wailing like a castrati choir boy, at bits that need a bit of a fill....!

Recorded with the One Sony Condenser Mic with BR (in line in/GT Twangster setting...Max Track reverb). Not in the "Pie Hole" though. You wont get any echo.

Had two double up the track length because it was a bit short and couldn't put myself through the process again because The Evil Mrs Osckilo  came back with the Kid!

Recorded it from the line out on the computer straight onto the MBR....It's great for cutting tracks together and really easy to count in....

There was a bit more to it in the Bathroom involving Mic distances and how loud you play the amp, but If anyone's interested, PM Me for a full run down on how to do this..... 

Thought it was quite simple at the start and took 3hrs to finish..
Putting it on paper is just showed me it wasn't that easy...... ???

Evil Mrs Osckilo asked why my wires were everywhere and had to tell her...... Thinks I'm mad. (Me....?)

Peace

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy