iPhone 7 Bluetooth latency blues?

Started by ODH, May 08, 2017, 04:44:50 AM

ODH

Does anyone have any experiences of making music on an iPhone 7?  I'm thinking particularly with respect to Bluetooth latency what with there being no headphone socket.  This will be an issue when playing in a guitar part over a backer, for example.

I've read that there is a way around this using a splitter adapter on the lighting connector and then using Lightning headphones.

I haven't got one yet, my wife is picking hers up today and I will probably follow suit in the next month or so (I'm on a 5 still at the moment).
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

Thanks Jim.  Yes, funnily enough I actually did read that article yesterday - before reading it I thought there was no hope at all without a headphone socket.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hook

Not really on topic but kinda related. I bought an adapter so I could use my Bluetooth headphones with my BR80 and while I could listen the latency was tribe and recording isn't an option.
Good luck.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Speed Demon

I gave up on trying to create anything resembling real music on an Apple device. Not going to happen. Waste of money.

I can easily transfer music tracks from my eBand to the computer for editing and mixing. Can't easily transfer anything to
an iPad. Several years have gone by and still no USB port.

Audition gives me unlimited track creation and editing. Ipad makes me think that it it was designed to be a paperweight.
I have over 70 plugins that work good with Audition. Never had a crash.

How many music studios do you know of that use Apple products for mixing/editing? I don't know of a single one.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Stick with the PC.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.