Just some notes

Started by joseph, May 07, 2009, 04:29:59 AM

Flash Harry

this is delightful, really playful and lively.

It's just begging for a female vocal, I really like it. Great first post.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

joseph

Quote from: Greeny on May 07, 2009, 05:17:33 AMThat's cool! I like the way the left-panned guitar keeps the beat. It's a pretty little song, and shows you're getting to grips with your new toy. Will expect lots more music from you now!!!!  :)

Thanks, I'm a delay nut! I have been ever since I got my first multi-effects pedal about 4 years ago (a Zoom 503, some super cheesy effects on it but the delay was nice). I often use the delay as a metronome of sorts, to help keep my playing on time. It beats a lot of the preset rhythm patterns I've heard on the unit.

Quote from: 48 on May 07, 2009, 07:43:55 AMWell done Joseph great first post 8)
I hope you don't mind I've borrowed it :D
see Joseph's takeaway in BR600 thread ;)

Thank you very much! I'm honored that you found some inspiration in my piece. I will check that out right away.

Quote from: hewhoiscalledj on May 07, 2009, 01:20:01 PMThats awesome work man! making great use of those effects. that song is a keeper. I'd suggest layering more stuff on top of it. Have fun and keep it up!

Thanks, I've been slowly going through various parts of the manual as I learn how to operate the unit, and tonight I plan on tackling bouncing for just that reason. It's hard to stop at 4 tracks! Fortunately there's no need to, so I'm eager to get bouncing.

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 07, 2009, 05:11:20 PMthis is delightful, really playful and lively.

It's just begging for a female vocal, I really like it. Great first post.

Thank you! I would love to have someone sing over my guitar work, but I haven't had the opportunity yet. Unfortunately I'm not much of a singer myself, so for the time being my work will be strictly instrumental.

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. I wasn't expecting so many comments. It's encouraging that the piece was so well received! I will definitely continue posting my work here, who knows, I might come up with something tonight!
http://unstableau.tumblr.com - my blog: music, writings, doodles, etc