Just some notes

Started by joseph, May 07, 2009, 04:29:59 AM

joseph

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hi this is my first posting of anything I've recorded. I just bought my MBR five days ago, so I'm still figuring the thing out, but it's been a great practice tool, my playing is getting better by the day! I'm sloppy but getting better. I've been very impressed with the quality of the unit, now it's up to me to get my playing skills to match what it can do!

Here is something that sprang from an exercise playing bits of scales with eachother with lots of delay (I tried attaching the song but it kept timing out, so I've uploaded it on divshare so it can be streamed):

delayey.mp3
http://unstableau.tumblr.com - my blog: music, writings, doodles, etc

Greeny

That's cool! I like the way the left-panned guitar keeps the beat. It's a pretty little song, and shows you're getting to grips with your new toy. Will expect lots more music from you now!!!!  :)

The Reverend 48

Well done Joseph great first post 8)
I hope you don't mind I've borrowed it :D
see Joseph's takeaway in BR600 thread ;)

Bro

Great guitar work, nice hearing a great use of the panning function!

Awesome! :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

launched

This was a great song idea for your first post - the panned gits with delay sounds awesome!!

See you around,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

Bummer - divshare is filtered out here at work - and my home computer is fried.  So the next time I'm at the public library, I'll take a listen...
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

Damn!!

Great rythm built up on this one!

Great first post!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Kody

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

hewhoiscalledj

Thats awesome work man! making great use of those effects. that song is a keeper. I'd suggest layering more stuff on top of it. Have fun and keep it up!

Ferryman

Agree with everyone else, great first post. The recording is very clean and well produced and this is really a nice song idea. You could do a lot with this - off to see what Mike's done with it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR