'Let it Grow' ...sowing some love

Started by Greeny, May 07, 2009, 03:28:17 AM

Greeny

Quote from: Ted on May 07, 2009, 12:07:13 PM
Quote from: Greeny on May 07, 2009, 03:28:17 AM...all done in 4 tracks on the BR.

Seriously?  Does that mean that you did the harmony vocal "live" with the guitar that's also panned over on the left?

Yes... I quite often do backing vox live with one of the guitar parts. It's partly laziness (as it allows me to nail everything in 4 tracks), but mainly because it sounds good... it adds a bit of distance on the vocals. It's not always possible though - it just depends if I've worked out the harmony beforehand.

Ted

Quote from: Greeny on May 08, 2009, 03:29:13 AMYes... I quite often do backing vox live with one of the guitar parts. It's partly laziness (as it allows me to nail everything in 4 tracks), but mainly because it sounds good... it adds a bit of distance on the vocals. It's not always possible though - it just depends if I've worked out the harmony beforehand.
I might give that a try sometime--especially if I'm going to a lot of effort just to squeeze out a fifth track, and one of my tracks happens to be acoustic guitar.  I often record my vocals with a guitar in my hands anyway.  It's like a security blanket for me when I'm not sure I'll be able to find the notes.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac