'Let it Grow' ...sowing some love

Started by Greeny, May 07, 2009, 03:28:17 AM

Greeny

06_TIM GREEN - let it grow
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Perhaps it's time for sowing some love and harmony on here. Here's a song I wrote called 'Let it Grow'. It's acoustic guitar, bass and vocals (by me), all done in 4 tracks on the BR. Did it a while back but just didn't get round to posting it. I think it's a good time to share it though  :)

Oldrottenhead

another goody tim, your political use of lear is radical ;)
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Just beautiful.  You always do a vocal thing where on a chorus you go down when I was expecting your voice to go up.  It creates great tension and surprise I find.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 07, 2009, 06:27:15 AMJust beautiful.  You always do a vocal thing where on a chorus you go down when I was expecting your voice to go up.  It creates great tension and surprise I find.

Thanks. It suprises me too! That's the fun of songwriting for me... having no idea how it's going to turn out, and just going with the flow  :)

xicpanad

Very well played, as usual. It´s the kind of sound we can ear anytime without getting tired of it. By the way. Could you tell what acoustic guitar you used on this one?
Soon i´m going to buy one and i´m still looking for a good choice.
Music is my life, life is my inspiration...

Bro

I wish i was as good at songwriting as you are!

As usual, a kick ass post from you Greeny! Great, Just GREAT!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

The Reverend 48

Great as always 8)Another one for my Mp3 player.....Tim where the hell do you keep getting them from? ::)

Greeny

Quote from: xicpanad on May 07, 2009, 07:29:21 AMVery well played, as usual. It´s the kind of sound we can ear anytime without getting tired of it. By the way. Could you tell what acoustic guitar you used on this one?
Soon i´m going to buy one and i´m still looking for a good choice.

I think I have both my Takamine 12 string electro acoustic and Ibanez Masa electro-acoustic going on this. I think I used both the GTR and MIC inputs for the Ibanez for more of a 'live' / natural sound.

The Ibanez is a relatively inexpensive little guitar (well under £400), but it was my number one guitar for many, many live performances. It's incredible when it's plugged in, but it's small size means it's lacking a bit of volume when it's unplugged. I still write a lot of songs on it - it's a real trusted and loved friend of mine...

Geir

You have that ability to create a melody that has surprising turns that does feel so right!! That's a great talent!!! And this is yet another good example of it !!

Love it

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Satchwood

Very soothing tune, Greeny!  Crispy guitar work and wonderful harmonizing vocals!  You are a very talented song writer and performer!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)