Vote for the May/Jun 2017 "Covers" festival

Started by 64Guitars, April 20, 2017, 03:45:06 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from May 1 to June 30. Voting starts now and runs for 8 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on April 28th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Covers" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Originals" festival. Please vote in both polls.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• MimicFest - Cover an artist as accurately as you can, impersonating their voice and music. See this message for more information.

• ShowtuneFest - Songs from musicals.

• Singer-Songwriter 3 - Covers of songs by Cat Stevens, Bryan Adams, Richard Thompson, Shane MacGowan, Paolo Nutini or Loudon Wainwright III.

• Europop - Covers of worldwide pop hits by artists in European countries where English is not the primary language but the song was sung in English, often with the local accent. Examples: a-ha, Plastic Bertrand, Nena, etc.

• British Nuggets - See this Wikipedia page.

• The Byrds - Covers of songs by The Byrds or solo works by Roger McGuinn, Gene Clark, David Crosby, & Chris Hillman.

• SuggestFest 2 - Songs suggested by other Songcrafters members.
    See https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=4112.msg227511#msg227511.

• Anzac Abroad Top Twenty Hits - Covers of songs by acts from Australia and New Zealand that have become world wide top twenty hits.
    Update: If this one wins, we'll probably change the name to DownUnderFest

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

danieldesete

hou hou ha ha

64Guitars

The covers fest poll has ended in a tie between Showtunes and The Byrds. So we'll have a special 2-day poll to break the tie. Please be sure to vote before the poll closes on May 1st at 1:50 am BST (Apr 30 8:50 pm EST).

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=26779.0

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: danieldesete on April 25, 2017, 08:39:16 AMI couldn't tell how much i hate musicals

I'm not very fond, either, but I consider this a great opportunity to spin a song in a new direction. There are some great songs in broadway plays and musicals, it just takes some looking sometimes to find them.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London