Time Traveler (Reprise - The Open Door) - Original

Started by Satchwood, May 06, 2009, 04:29:20 PM

Satchwood

TimeTraveler_T34V3_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
OK, I'm stepping out of my box here on this original composition. 

I play my Les Paul Deluxe on the rhythm tracks and my Kramer Strat on the dual lead melodies (sorry no shredding this time).  I use my kid's keyboard on the organ sounds. 

It's a work in progress, please comment and let me know what you think - thanks!

Time Traveler (Reprise - The Open Door)               
                                             by Tommy D Hey Wood  c2009
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bluesberry

This is really incredible sounding.  If I could play half as good as you satch, I would be making music like this myself.  I love the fullness and many layers that this has.  If you suddenly quiet down everything, after a few minutes, for a verse, chorus, before resuming full on with the wall of sound you have there this would get my vote as a killer, monster song.  I hear a deep brooding voice singing his soul out in the middle there.  The cheap keyboards really sound good.  Because of this I have pulled out my cheap casio keyboard from the closet and will play around with it myself. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Fantastic! Starts quite straightforward and then I love the way the layers of keyboards build. Gives it a very psychedelic feel, which is I guess what you were going for. Great production as well, love the harmony guitars. So much to like!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Outside your Box is a very good place!!!!!

This has Hit written all over it!

Incredible!

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

wow Satchwood this is great!!  I love the harmonies in the guitars also. Just an awesome production. The keyboard sounds great also.  Sometimes great things come in small packages. LOL.  Loved it.

Oldrottenhead

love the sounds and mixes of instruments here sounds like a lost sixties nugget
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

A masterful masterpiece! The arrangement and mixing alone is a work of art on this. The keyboard additions are oustanding, with echoes of The Doors in places - which, for me, is just perfect. A touch of sixties psych, but not too much. And great whammy bar work on the lead guitar. This all hangs together so well. And I'm a time travel nut - so that's just the icing on the cake.

Where does the door lead? Backwards or forwards in time?  :)

xicpanad

It´s indeed full of creativity and talent. Great effort! Keep going, i´ll be waiting for more!
Cheers
Music is my life, life is my inspiration...

Bro

Nice song reminds me of ninja turtles, don't ask me why!

Great job! :) nice harmony!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Satchwood

Thank you all for the great comments and of course for listening!  I had my concerns about this one, since it's really not my typical stuff, but it definitely hooked me while I was composing it.  I found that this song grows on you if you listen to it a few times.

The traveler is happily traveling through time, thinking he's going back to warn a friend of some impending doom, but when the space-time door opens (at the end of the song) he finds himself in a time he was not expecting, in a place he's not so sure about.....he went into the future by mistake....his own future....
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)