"In the Cold"

Started by OsCKilO, May 05, 2009, 08:19:56 PM

OsCKilO

in the COLD
Time:
0:00
Volume:
An argument with someone you care about..... ???

After the initial blazing row and you stomp off in different directions, there are a whole range of different emotions which seem to wiz through your mind all at once.

These fiery emotions seem to mask another feeling which is present from when the last word in the argument is uttered, but is only felt when all else is spent........ :-\

This experience is a resonant cold and numbness, which can feel painful and unresolved, but at the same time quite peaceful.

The fight is over, and it is just you and your thoughts.

Simply you in your arctic retreat until the storms have passed.....or until the next round!

This ones called "In the cold"

T and Kai (Osckilo)

Thanks for the feedback on the last post!

P.s

Our MBR seems to have died after this was mastered......... :o
(Card read/write error on every card! and tracks become muddled)

Only had it a month........ :'(

Need to find the receipt now..........

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

BossMicroBRew

Hey! This is highly genuine and highly intriguing. Your description, picture, and title prefaced the song perfectly. I could imagine myself sitting on an ice shelf contemplating my next struggle. However, I'm vexed by my ice shelf because its also my sanctuary; a comfort zone.

There is a wide array of emotion in here and I just downloaded it. Fine work. Majestic. Waiting on more when your MBR gets fixed.

AC
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

launched

A nice peaceful blend to wind down with. Kind of highlights my day a little bit. You guys sure know how to put emotion to music.

Get that thing fixed.....

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Geir

You guys come up with some really REALLY cool music .... this is another great piece that captures the emotions you describe perfectly !!!!

Hope for a swift recovery of that BR of yours !!!!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

joseph

Wow, this is very impressive..

Beautiful soundscape!
http://unstableau.tumblr.com - my blog: music, writings, doodles, etc

Greeny

Beautiful work. Your imagery - yet again - lifts everything into something very special and moving. I like the little chords and notes that appear unexpectedly along the way to shift the focus of the listener. There's a little echo of David Gilmour's four note refrain from 'Shine on you crazy diamond', but it's been turned into something almost child-like, like a dreamy, half-asleep nursery rhyme. I like the way your music makes me think and see...  :)

Ferryman

Majestic is a word used in a previous post and it sums this up beautifully. Elements of Tomita here and I got the "Shine on" reference as well (especially at the start). Very different, great ambient feel and really enjoyed it. You guys are really progressing and turning out some varied stuff.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Really really beautiful.  Shine on T and Kai (Osckilo).  Keep turning raw emotion into beautiful music, I feel like I am floating away listening to this.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

lovely atmospheric music.

re your card, i have had a few probs on that score, tho tends to happen when batteries run out during mastering. you can sometinmes solve this by reformatting the card,but i usually end up buying a new sd card.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Quote from: Greeny on May 06, 2009, 03:15:27 AMThere's a little echo of David Gilmour's four note refrain from 'Shine on you crazy diamond'

We had never heard "Shine in you crazy diamond"  before it was mentioned in this post.

Heard some of their early stuff after you guys mentioned the similarity to Syd Barret.

Intrigued, we had to look up the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyqgjCKm9nQ

The similarity is a bit embarrassing. Apart from the lack of drums, We sound like a blatant rip off from part of thier intro!

We honestly didn't mean to sound like them, and thought that this was one of our originals. Sorry about that.....!

Looking at some of their song titles ("Comfortably Numb"!!?!), shades of their ideas can even be seen in the concept behind the song.

This was unintentional.......Apologies again.

We are just fans of Dm Chord arrangements.....Guess there are only so many things you can do with it.....

The Evil Mrs Osckilo said that it sounds like the intro to a Shakira song!
Listened to the one in question and found it to have the same Dm riff as "Shine on".

She said it sounded familiar......I should have listed to her before I posted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=582qo1wcg7Y

It seems really hard to come up with something that hasn't already been done.

When the MBR is better, we'll try for something completely different.

Thanks for the feedback on this one.

Pink Floyd must have really implanted themselves into our subconscious as we were growing up.

We were made in the 80's after all.........

Sorry again, 

Peace

T and Kai (Osckilo-Accidental Pink Floyd tribute band!) 
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy