The G.A.S. was building.........

Started by Farrell Jackson, March 14, 2017, 09:24:57 AM

Farrell Jackson

I've been eyeing the Breedlove acoustics for quite a while and finally a good deal came along so I ordered one.

I received the Breedlove Solo yesterday afternoon. I thought it might be possible to sneak it into the fold without my wife noticing but as always, she busted me, lol! Gayle actually doesn't care as long as my guitars don't encroach into our living space.....it's a good thing I have a music room, closets and a garage.

It came in the supplied padded gig bag (a nice one) which was double boxed in sturdy cardboard. I un-packed it and did the routine quality inspection and it passed with flying colors. The finish looked flawless with all joints fitted with precision. It amazed me that it was completely in tune. I pulled it out of the gig bag and started playing it without having to touch a tuning peg. It does have a built in tuner, volume, bass, treble, mid and presence controls. I like that they placed the battery compartment at the end pin jack. It looks easy to change. My other A/E guitars have the battery located in the upper control panel. Now and then when gigging out my strap would unlock the battery lid and all kinds of crackling noise would happen.

It sounds good acoustically but I haven't plugged it in yet. It also plays with ease. I was anxious to hear what it sounded like with the second (upper) sound hole un-blocked. This model has two sound holes and the upper can be opened or left blocked. I played with it blocked for about 10 minutes to get used to the sound before I opened it. I wasn't sure how much difference it would make when opened but it was incredible. The volume at my ears basically doubled. The tone (low and high) was more pronounced plus it was in stereo!

This is going to be a fun guitar for mic placement experimenting. So far so good....I'm happy with it.

Here's a link to some info on it:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/breedlove-2016-solo-dreadnought-acoustic-electric-guitar?source=3TEM5KTBK

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

ODH

Fine looking guitar.

Something magical and calming about looking at finely crafted guitars, even pictures of...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Farrell Jackson

Thanks all on my new Breedlove acoustic purchase. I've spent enough time with it now to know without a doubt that it was a good move to get it. I hope to have a song recorded and posted soon that features it.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

T.C. Elliott

Looks good. Glad you like it so far. Did you ever get a recording so we can hear the new beauty?
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London