What BOSS pedals do you use?

Started by Davo, May 04, 2009, 01:07:21 PM

OsCKilO

I dont know why I got it...... I wanted a loop pedal..!

I never use it....

The Brit pop sound is better than the metal one...!

A Nice "Kit bag" filler though.......

Peace

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Sprocket

I was given a Blues Driver sometime ago but have just recently found uses(better amps) for it...it gives me a nice clean boost, just enough to get a mild breakup and then add some sparkle.
Then I got the Loopstation RC-20 thinking its trainer features would help with my rhythm and timing, and it did, but not as good as the MBR. Now that Ive got the MBR, Im suddenly familiar with the loopstation and know how to use it...but the MBR is so much easier!
I traded a set of Keystone pickups for a DD-6 stereo delay, worked great, but a lil too "digital" for my tube amps...so I purchased the DD-20 Giga-Delay and have been totally pleased with this purchase! Flippin awesome delay! Ive still got the DD-6 and use this to put my 2 Microcubes in stereo delay.

BTW, 2 Champs in stereo delay is a thing of beauty!

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

grolschie

Zip. Nadda. I use pedals, I just don't have any Boss pedals. I used to own a Keeley DS-1 Ultra though.  :)

Sprocket

Quote from: osckilo on June 15, 2009, 07:31:19 PMI want your Loopstation!!!!!!

Nope, sorry, Im keeping it...it does have some uses and I can see trying out some songs on the loopstation before actually hitting the record button on the MBR...although Im not using it much at the moment, it does seem like a great tool to have around.

You might try the used market, I scored my Giga-Delay on Craigslist for $120 and it sells for as much as the Loopstation at retail.

steveblues50

i have a bd2 that i didn't love til i had it modded by bob keeley.also a dd3 nice pedal.ph3,not so much.i gotta say my experience with modded and boutique pedals has spoiled me.having said that a lot of pros use unmodded boss pedals all the time.

guitarron

Quote from: grolschie on June 15, 2009, 11:58:03 PMZip. Nadda. I use pedals, I just don't have any Boss pedals. I used to own a Keeley DS-1 Ultra though.  :)
i've heard of those-bread paisley uses keely pedal i think

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Gearheads are friggin' weird.

I'm selling a Boss CS-1 Compression Sustainer on eBay, and the pedal geeks are asking me for the serial number and the color of the switch.  It took me 15 minutes to find the serial number.  I was about to take the thing apart.

There's even a Boss Serial Number Decoder so you can find out the exact month a Boss unit was produced.

Really. Do these folks hear things I thought only dogs can hear?  Could I have the Stradivarius of stomp boxes and not realize it?  Hopefully the answers to these questions are in my favor.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

Quote from: Ted on June 17, 2009, 10:00:48 AMGearheads are friggin' weird.

I'm selling a Boss CS-1 Compression Sustainer on eBay, and the pedal geeks are asking me for the serial number and the color of the switch.  It took me 15 minutes to find the serial number.  I was about to take the thing apart.

There's even a Boss Serial Number Decoder so you can find out the exact month a boss unit was produced.

Really. Do these folks hear things I thought only dogs can hear?  Could I have the Stradivarius of stomp boxes and not realize it?  Hopefully the answers to these questions are in my favor.

What kind of screws does it have? There's marginally less metal in a cross-head screw... it all affects the tone, lol

Davo

I agree, lots of hype on the vintage stuff.  Its silly that old Japanese Boss pedals are driving much of the "vintage pedal market".

That said, last night I met the singer/guitarist from a band called Symphonic Slam.  I traded a OD-3 I had aquired for 25 bucks, and a few other old cheapie pedals, for three of his old pedals.

I got a OD-1, CS-2, and a CE-3 all MIJ "Black Labels" (its funny almost sounds like they are describing a fine wine), and no money exchanged hands.  First impressions are that they sound good, but not THAT good.  Id probably make a few bucks if I ever sell them-but I may keep the OD-1 since it was the first OD pedal.

Hey Ted you dont have an old Ibanez BC-9 Bi-mode Chorus in there by any chance?
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe