Lullaby in May

Started by Noldo, May 04, 2009, 07:38:35 AM

BossMicroBRew

Nice song you put together here. Congrats, by the way. Welcome to the site. No lessons? Not a guitar lesson for me either, or vocal, which is why I sound like a walking junkyard sometimes.

Great work. Can't wait for more...
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Oldrottenhead

congratulations, on both fronts. ie having a son and posting your first song. keep this for him when he's old enough to understand (and that wont be too long they grow up fast). lovely song i get the elbow vibe from it too.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

There are some lovely chord changes in here. Songwriting is more about instinct and feeling than technical prowess, and you've shown that you have those ingredients in this song. Lovely dreamy vocals and nice mixing. Welcome aboard!!!!  :)

Noldo

thanx guys...wow didnt expect those kind of comments as i said its just basic stuff as im playing in my own comfort zone atm. but this br just makes it a whole lot more fun to try new things  :)

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: Noldo on May 05, 2009, 12:05:51 PMbut this br just makes it a whole lot more fun to try new things  :)

Got that right! The BR is a king of inspiration. I'm generally way out of my comfort zone with stuff I post on here. Post something out of your ordinary and see what happens...might be surprised. Someone even might pick it up and run with it, adding something cool in. CHEERS!
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Ferryman

Simple but very effective. As Greeny said (and he really knows!), it's the emotion that matters more than technique in songwriting. If you're not a great soloist, use the song to convey your emotion and you've done that really well here. There's actually potential here to take this further - you could add some more layers of simple guitar lines over the riff you have to create a very lush sound. Well done, and keep them comg (the songs I mean, not the kids, best to have a little pause there).

Cheers,

Nigel 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR