Lullaby in May

Started by Noldo, May 04, 2009, 07:38:35 AM

Noldo

Nolan - Lullaby in May (a song for noel)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a song i wrote and recorded yesterday on the day after my son was born.Ive only been playing for about a year self taught so its pretty basic but tell me what you think anyway id appreciate it guys.

Geir

Welcome to this great site Nolan!!
And congratulations with your son!!!

Lovely song and a great first post !!!! Nice clean guitar-sounds and wonderful almost dreamlike vocals that captures the feeling of looking at a newborn child.

cheers!

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Noldo

Thanks geir. yeah this site is cool ive used it previously to help me out with live recordings of the band i play with, but ive just recently started using the br for home recordings of my own songs and this seems like a pretty godd place to get feedback and check out other peoples work.thanks again.

Satchwood

Nice first post - and congrats on your new son!  Special song for a special occasion!  The acoustic guitar has a nice tone & your voice has a nice mellow appeal.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bluesberry

Beautiful job, simple yet beautiful.  Nice job on the vocals, subdued but still nice and up front.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Excellent tune - I agree with others, very subdued, layed back and mellow. Great original composition!

Peace out,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bro

Great job, doing a simple song, yet you still put a lead guitar track on it!

My hats off to you sir!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Flash Harry

Great first musical post. Congratulations on the arrival of your son and on the quality of this song.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Tangled Wires

Great song, the intro sounded like Elbow which is a very good thing!! Vocals are excellent and suit the song perfectly.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Great song as well....

I remember when mine was first born.....

Surprised you found the time to record this!!!!

The chords are very well picked, and express that sense of confusion you have when you first see you new born......

You expect to have so much to say on that day, but your mind goes blank with the enormity of the endeavour that has just landed on your lap.........

The lyrics capture this.......and the vox expresses the joy.....

You wonder what they are thinking when the stare at you......Knowing there is something ticking behind those eyes, but they don't know what it is themselves yet!
(I bet the kid is thinking exactly the same thing!!!!)

Welcome to you and the little one!

And most of all, well done to Mum!

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy