Vote for the Mar/Apr 2017 "Covers" festival

Started by 64Guitars, February 23, 2017, 11:10:50 AM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from March 1 to April 30. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on February 28th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Covers" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Originals" festival. Please vote in both polls.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• The Everly Brothers - Covers of songs by The Everly Brothers. Can include their solo works.

• The Monkees - Covers of songs by The Monkees. Can include solo works by Davy Jones, Michael Nesmith, Peter Tork, or Micky Dolenz.

• American Nuggets - See this Wikipedia page.

• British Nuggets - See this Wikipedia page.

• The Who - Covers of songs by The Who. Can include solo works by Daltrey, Townshend, Entwistle and Moon.

• Beatles Challenge Fest 2 - It's been over two years since our last Beatles Challenge Fest. The challenge is to complete some more Beatles albums. So we'll only allow Beatles songs which have not yet been covered in any of the previous Beatles fests. And solo works won't be allowed for the Challenge Fest -- only Beatles songs from their studio albums.

Here's a list from 2012 of the songs that haven't been done yet:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15659.msg202836#msg202836

When I get time, I'll update that list to remove any songs that have been done since 2012.

• Echo & the Bunnymen - Covers of songs by Echo & the Bunnymen.

• The Jam - Covers of songs by The Jam.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Micky Dolenz is headlining Busch Gardens this week ...kizmet?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

One happens if its a tie 64 ???

The Who, The Beatles...

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

64Guitars

Quote from: Groundy on February 27, 2017, 11:09:06 PMOne happens if its a tie 64 ???

The Who, The Beatles...

If it's a tie, I suppose we'll have to have a quick (24-hour) vote to decide between the two. The winner will determine the March/April festival and the loser will be the May/June festival.

But there's still time for people to vote if they haven't already, or change their vote if they have. So it might not be a tie.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

danieldesete

I can't believe no one has covered Penny Lane yet ...  Very strange..
hou hou ha ha

64Guitars

Voted closed. It was a very close race but the winner by a nose is...

The Who

- Covers of songs by The Who. Can include solo works by Daltrey, Townshend, Entwistle and Moon.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website