Perfect Day (original)

Started by Bluesberry, May 03, 2009, 06:42:47 PM

guitarron

BB- How did you get Rick Wakeman to do you intro?
i missed this the 1 st go 'round
This is a stellar track
 nice mixing job
vox are a bitch for me too

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Rolow

Hey really good song writing man!  I like the lyrics a lot.  Well played and recorded also. ;D
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

Bluesberry

Thanks guys, and thanks Nigel for the very kind words on this song.  This song was like a gift, I got the new BR-1200, I was getting into the Ian Curtis thing a bit because of some comments on here (I had never listened to joy Division before - whew what a band), and in a very short time I had this song.  This is probably one of the easiest songs I have written, it just seemed to come fast (for me at least), my enthusiasm for the new machine driving the music, and my fascination for Ian Curtis driving the lyrics.  Thanks again guys.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Well deserved kind words, I still love this one although "Flow My Tears" might have trumped it. Not sure yet.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

on this day bump 2 years ago sheesh
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

I really should re-do the vocals on this one......but I have a hard time going back to something once it is finished..... I just say that I was channelling Ian Curtis and the pichy vocals were part of the vibe I was going for....thats what I'll say.  Thanks for the bump Jim.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Good work, I've said it before and I will probably say it again, good music is ageless.............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Rata-tat-tat

Great tune BB... musta missed this one along the way.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Ted

I kind of forgot the days when the taxonomy of this site was organized by recorder. If you weren't using a Micro BR, you risked posting in obscurity. And that's one of several excuses I can offer for missing this song when it was originally posted.

Love the synth solo at the beginning. At first listen, you don't know where the song is going to go – it could go anywhere. Prog? Electronica? Synth pop? And that fits the topic of the song perfectly – especially because where the song does eventually go is to Bluesberry territory. We are who we are, and we create each day from limited materials, beginning with the contents of our skulls. Nonetheless, that's plenty – the possibilities are always infinite.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sit at my computer and do more or less the same thing I did yesterday.

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 03, 2009, 06:42:47 PMWarning: pitchy vocals

I need that as some permanent flair in my footer, alongside "Okay to Cover."

OTD Bump.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac