Perfect Day (original)

Started by Bluesberry, May 03, 2009, 06:42:47 PM

The Reverend 48

Bb you are at another level now..... amazing production you are deffo putting the '1200 to good use...... how about a full version of "Morning Mist"........

Bro

Great wobbling keyboard intro!

Like the guitar though out the song!

Great job!!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Ferryman

Great song, definitely more Ian Curtis vocals there! I like the keyboards, this is very well constructed and thought out. I like the tremolo-ey guitar bit and what you do with the vox on that.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on May 06, 2009, 04:35:59 PMGreat song, definitely more Ian Curtis vocals there! I like the keyboards, this is very well constructed and thought out. I like the tremolo-ey guitar bit and what you do with the vox on that.
Cheers,Nigel
Thanks Nigel, my vocals are pretty pitchy here, I need to get it better.  Funny about that Ian Curtis comment here.  After your last Ian Curtis comment I have gone on a bit of Joy Division craze, and I just watched the movie 'Control'.  I am a bit touched by the tragedy of his death.  This song was sort of my tribute to Ian Curtis actually, I mean I didn't set out to write a Joy Division sounding song (and it doesn't), but the song and lyrics was meant as a bit of a tribute to Ian and I was thinking about him quite a bit while making this, I think I may have channelled his vocal style a bit here.  I really need to take more time and effort to get my vocals more in tune with the music (pitch control), thanks for the comments Nigel.  Thanks to all for listening and commenting.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 06, 2009, 04:53:46 PMI really need to take more time and effort to get my vocals more in tune with the music (pitch control)

Have you tried the BR-1200's Pitch Correction effect? See pages 131 to 141 of the BR-1200 manual, 6th edition. It might be cool to try the Harmony Sequence effect to add some backing vocals on the chorus too.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Satchwood

Singing is a big challenge for me as well - I can tell you have definitely gotten better at it!  I tried several times and just scrapped it.  Keep up the good work - it's very respectable and enjoyable!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Satchwood

Cool lyrics BB!  I can really relate to this line:

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 07, 2009, 01:56:48 PMWhen I need some peace of mind, I get in my car and drive till I find,
A day as perfect as the music in my head.

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Very cool lyrics. Great work, thanks for sharing. I see the Ian Curtis reference here.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Thanks very much Ferryman and Satch, that really makes my day to get comments like that on the lyrics.  I am not sure what I was trying to express exactly when writing this but for sure thoughts of Ian Curtis were in my mind, and I wanted to see the main character in the song rise above his demons and figure out way to survive, I guess.  This songwriting is very strange stuff but highly enjoyable also I find, it is all a bit of a mystery.  I really appreciate the comments.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Thought I'd come over here and see how the big boy's play!

Bloody good!  That's how!

Tried to find this after "block it out"!

Finally have!

Great job!

Like the theme!  "I hear ya!"

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy