Perfect Day (original)

Started by Bluesberry, May 03, 2009, 06:42:47 PM

Bluesberry

Perfect Day (original)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi there everyone, I got the new BR-1200CD 3 weeks ago and I have been working on this song as long.  This started with a guitar riff to get started playing around in the new BR and kept going from there.  I really love the 1200, it is a beaut for sure.  The bass is from the bass generator onboard, pretty cool I think, the drums are much easier and more flexible to program.  There are so many more choices I spent half of my time playing with sounds and tweeking and re-mixing, all good learning for sure.  Here is the official launch of the BR-1200CD, I call this Perfect Day.  Warning: pitchy vocals

I wake up as dawn breaks free, from the nights long, dark and cold embrace.
I put on water for the tea, comb my hair, brush my teeth, pull on my face.

We don't know where we are going, we barely know where we came from,
Sometimes the race has started before the gun.

I go outside and and greeted, by the sounds of the world around me.
I try real hard, my heart is beating, it beats so loud that I can barely see.

If we really listen, the only sound that we will hear,
Is our own reflection in the mirror.

When I need some peace of mind, I get in my car and drive till I find,
A day as perfect as the music in my head.

When alone I feel so crowded, In a crowd so all alone,
I close my eyes and let the music guide me home.

The day is fading into evening, I reflect as I watch the dying sun.
Its hard to tell what I am feeling,
bruised and weary but alive, I guess I've won.

If we really listen, the only sound that we will hear,
Is our own reflection in the mirror.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Now this is really cool BB, truly original and a very good production!!! Lovely sounds and that solo is perfect with it's melody and the tone you've got !!!

A really catchy tune too !!!

With this your first 1200-post we're in for some real treats in the future!!!!!

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Thank you Geir, I really apreciate your positive feedback.  It is a funny thing when it takes so long to get a song done, I would work for an hour at a time whenever I could squeeze in a moment, in the middle of this I had no idea which way this was going, I just kept going back whenever I had time and inspiration.  It came together pretty good in the end.  Last wekend was all about trying to get the levels good, effects, tones, I played all weekend with bouncing and mastering to get it to where it is.  Thanks for having a listen Geir, I was starting to worry that nobody was going to notice this one in the BR1200 spot.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Nice work - I can tell you put some hard work and time into it!  Your voice sounds a bit like Jim Morrison - although a little pitchy, but you've captured the perfect day feeling, especially with that solo & synth sounds!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bluesberry

Quote from: Satchwood on May 04, 2009, 12:03:18 PMNice work - I can tell you put some hard work and time into it!  Your voice sounds a bit like Jim Morrison - although a little pitchy, but you've captured the perfect day feeling, especially with that solo & synth sounds!
Thanks Satch.  You are right about the vocal being a little pitchy, I struggle with the singing part.  I have to spend more time on the vocal to get it better for sure, I am not happy with it yet.  Thanks for the comments.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 04, 2009, 09:56:49 AMI was starting to worry that nobody was going to notice this one in the BR1200 spot.
I had the same feeling when posting in "other recorders", tho' I didn't wait as long as you. With the vast amount of post in MBR lately the other tend to be overlooked. On the upside: it doesn't disappear so fast either :)
Keep'em coming, we know you're here now !!!!

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Yep, I'll have to spend some more time "Down Here"! You caught my emotions perfectly with this song - The sunny days and warm weather cause me to bust out of my house with a huge smile on my face! I like winter, but it wears you out toward the end of it.

Great song, nice Kaossilation!

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Pedro

Good stuff! I especially like the part that comes at 1:20 and the afterwards solo. The guitar tone and playing on that solo is awesome.

Good first post with your new machine, I would love to use one of those.

Don't worry about your post being overlooked. As Geir stated, it gets much more visibility this way.

Keep them coming. :)

Bluesberry

Thanks Pedro, launched, all guitar sounds are from the BR-1200.  The solo was with the patch that converts single coil to humbucker, played with my strat.  I really like that tone also, it was nice to find all the new tones available.  It is so much easier to layer sounds together on the 1200, I can see getting much more ambitious with this little beauty.  I learned a lot from this, my first song on the 1200, that will be used to make the next one go easier I hope.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

I'm glad I strayed over here! This is a masterful production, and that Kas really adds a new dimension and flavour. Studio-level mixing and recording, that's for sure. And a damn good bit of songwriting - which will always be the most important part. Very, very cool!