"Ain't Wastin Time" > "Sample in a Jar" from last night's gig w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, February 12, 2017, 07:01:07 PM

Blooby

AWTNM into SIAJ - 2017-02-11_MoO
Time:
0:00
Volume:

We have a sort-of monthly gig at a beach bar that overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. The owners are a pair of young hippies, so knowing this and being affected by the setting, I think pushes me to the more experimental, jammy side of things. It could have been the complimentary Black and Tans as well. Sometimes, the edges get a little blurred.

Forgive the out-of-tune guitar (seems to come and go, oddly), the frenetic pace, and the hairy input level at times, but I thought there was something worth posting. John's (Lurker's) vocals are especially good. Out of our powered mixer into the Micro-BR. Futzed a bit in Magix Audio Cleaning Lab.

"Ain't Wastin Time No More" by The Allman Brothers > "Sample in a Jar" by Phish > "Ain't Wastin Time No More" reprise.

Peace.

Blooby

Redler

Fantastic live performance! Time after time I'm wondering how good the live sound you can record! It's really pro - like the way you play and sing.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Quote from: Redler on February 12, 2017, 10:23:27 PMFantastic live performance! Time after time I'm wondering how good the live sound you can record! It's really pro - like the way you play and sing.

So well put Kari,
Magic Guys......

Alex     

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Johnny Robbo

I'm always astounded by the live recordings you post. This is another belter! Shame I'll never get to see you play live  :)
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Mike_S

Love the free form feel of this. There is not enough music like this. It sounds great guys. You guys are natural at this kind of stuff and make a great team. Superior performances from both - guitar sounds spot on to me!

I think I am going to investigate the band "Phish" on the back of this.

Good post!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

my head is bobbing like one of those little car ornament dog things. woof woof woof!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Kenneth

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Jean Pierre

QuoteI'm always astounded by the live recordings you post.
like Johnny Robbo say
great llive perf
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Mach

Great performance guys, you always get really good live recordings.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR