"Ideo-Lullaby" -- Original by Ted

Started by Ted, February 12, 2017, 12:14:21 PM

Ted

Polullaby
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I posted an early version of this already.

I was thinking of a third verse, but Hook let me off the hook.

Quote from: Hook on February 07, 2017, 06:50:17 AM3rd verse would have to be pretty damn good. I'd add bass  but not sure about anything else.

I rerecorded the vocals using this technique. There are about half-a-dozen other minor tweaks too boring to list.

The title: I'm probably going to just call this "Lullaby," but keep thinking I want something clever, like "Polullaby" or "Lullabias" or "[Adjective] Lullaby." I'm open to suggestions.

"Lullaby"
(c)2017 Ted Johnson
Recorder: Micro BR (with some help from Audacity and Garageband)
Ted: Ukulele, Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Drum sequencing
You're not doing anything wrong.
No one's gonna make you change.
All of your convictions are true. Everybody that you hate deserves it.
Now go to sleep my baby.
Go to sleep my baby.

Something scared you today.
Let me tell you a story.
Make the facts go away.
Let me cover your eyes.

You've had a very big day
Playing with all of your big toys.
Don't worry 'bout the mess that you made. Somebody else will clean it up for you.
Now go to sleep my baby.
Go to sleep my baby.

chorus
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Redler

Now, when listening to this after a few days  - this sounds even better and catchy. Bigger production works really good, clear and mellow!

Fine job with vocals as well!

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Great additions Ted,
Really well done.....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

launched

Didn't listen to the creation stage, but the end result is catchy and cool. This one will stick to my head like glue no doubt!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

kenny mac

I missed this its a very cool song,your vocal reminds me of some one but I can put my finger on it.
 Superb work,nice one.

Ted

I finally settled on the obvious name when I published a blog post about the song: "Political Lullaby"
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

pjd1

Yeah love this , vocals are stella , such a good recording , composition and sound you have are really good , brilliant

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

cuthbert

This is a great song that I don't know how I missed. Great dynamics and musically precise - really fits well with the lyrics.

Nicely done, Ted!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Kenneth

Cool tune!
Sounds clear in cans, nicely recorded. Vocals and harmonies are great too.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Ted

Masterbump.

I read something just now about the appeal of Jordan Peterson, and it reminded me of this song.

Quote from: Reddit u/Exis007There's no benchmark for when you've sufficiently got your shit together that you can go and try to change the world, but he's largely making an argument for political and social apathy. Let the grownups worry about the world; go clean your room.
And so, we're left with a calming message. Everything you know and understand about the world is right, it is intrinsic and natural, and you don't need to feel bad about it. You can and will keep on being the way you are because that's how humans are meant to be. Don't worry about change or politics, just focus on yourself. People who try to argue with you about it are stupid and evil, so they can be humiliated on youtube for fun and you don't have to think about what they are really trying to say.

Occasionally I toy with the idea of a more rocked-up version of this song. Maybe I'll get to it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac