"Groove Slayer" original song by Mike Huntingford

Started by Mike Huntingford, February 10, 2017, 09:52:14 PM

Mike Huntingford

Groove Slayer (small size)_1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Came up with this little number... featuring my Roland keyboard and Wah phased Clav.

Hope you enjoy it... this is a low res version.  Will post link to higher quality version for those that want to listen to that higher fidelity version.

Mike

Higher Fidelity here: http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=220162
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Redler

Very laid back groove! Your song and morning coffee - what a relaxing combination! :)

Fantastic job, Mike!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mach

I agree with Redler a great groove and a nice relaxing feel. Your productions are always so crystal clear.

Question: I was comparing the one here with the HQ version and I notice the only difference is the bit rate (320 vs 128). Both have the same sampling Frequency of 44.1kHz at 16 bit, but the HQ one has more of an open presence. I know that higher bit rates can make a big difference in sound quality, so here's my question, are you recording at a higher freq. like 48khz and at 24 or 96 bit then knocking it down? What type of encoder are you using?

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: Redler on February 10, 2017, 10:03:24 PMVery laid back groove! Your song and morning coffee - what a relaxing combination! :)

Fantastic job, Mike!

Thanks Sir, warms my heart that it helped you relax - my mission is truly accomplished.

Regards,

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: Mach on February 12, 2017, 07:41:41 AMI agree with Redler a great groove and a nice relaxing feel. Your productions are always so crystal clear.

Question: I was comparing the one here with the HQ version and I notice the only difference is the bit rate (320 vs 128). Both have the same sampling Frequency of 44.1kHz at 16 bit, but the HQ one has more of an open presence. I know that higher bit rates can make a big difference in sound quality, so here's my question, are you recording at a higher freq. like 48khz and at 24 or 96 bit then knocking it down? What type of encoder are you using?

Mach

Hi Mach,

Yup, you are correct, I record audio direct from my keyboards into SONAR Platinum 64-bit using a recording rate of 44.1kHz at 24 bit.  I must also mention that I use terrific audio interfaces connected via firewire (MOTU 4Pre and MOTU Audio Express).  These audio interfaces are wonderful, they don't color the sound, have lots of headroom, and are soooooo quiet.  SONAR Platinum records at various rates, but I have found success matching the output of the keyboards, audio interfaces, and software.  After mixing in SONAR using its terrific plug in tools, I export the pre-final product to a two-channel audio file (wav format).  The resulting exported wav file is also same values.  I like to tweak the final mix further using a wonderful program call, AVS Audio Editor (provide a whole slew of programs for one small fee - terrific - will post link to them below).  Tweaking in AVS Audio Editor is terrific! It provides things like, fade in out, normalization (I don't use that), equalizers, reverbs, compressors, delays, de-essers, automatic fix (kinda land LANDR), etc.... I then save file as 44.1kHz at 16 bit for posting to various sites.  I actually also use AVS Audio Converter to shrink file size when needed, but you can also do that from right inside of AVS Audio Editor.

AVS Software Suite: http://www.avs4you.com/

Cheers, and glad you enjoyed the tune.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

CaptainJimbo

Tidy groove there my man.
It reminds me of something that Ronnie Foster might have played.
Warmest regards,

Captain Jimbo

www.thatjameskelly.com

"Semper in excretia sumus solum profundum variat"

Mach

Back for more...I'm gonna check out that AVS suite soon. Thanks.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Smooth and delicious tune, Mike! Driving at night music IMHO.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover