"All In My Head"

Started by boneonbone, February 06, 2017, 07:00:56 PM

boneonbone

All In My Head
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Took a departure from our usual acoustic folk writing, going a bit more up tempo and plugged in a (cheap) Schecter into the BR800 for the first time to try and add bass and lead guitar tracks. (Started out as just acoustic guitars with vocals).  

All In My Head      words by Mark Porro and music by Vance Grazio      c 2016        

When you gave me that chance, I gave you my heart,
 You reached out and touched it, and tore it apart.
Was that fear in your eyes, from the hurt that you dread?
Or perhaps you weren't ready, for things that I said

I remember once saying, while we stood in the rain,
Life's not worth living, without passion and dreams.
I'm sorry I've wasted, all of your precious time.
Here's your chance to forget me, move on with your life

Was I reading you wrong, when I looked in your eyes?
Was it just a cruel game or simply a lie?
Was it all in my head?

There's no room in your heart, there's no place in your life,
Your words made that painfully clear.
And I doubt that I will ever find love here

Was I reading you wrong, when I looked in your eyes?
Was it just a cruel game or simply a lie?
Was it all in my head?

Well I was given that chance, you left before it began,
And now I'm left to imagine, if I will see you again

Was I reading you wrong, were you worried and scared?
Or a misunderstanding when you said that you cared,
Or was it all in my head.................................was it all in my head?
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

Mach

Oh yeah this is superb! Those acoustic guitars sound so lush and full with fantastic tones (Martin?).
Great balance of everything and the recording is so clean and polished sounding. Great work.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

boneonbone

Thanks Mach !  Actually the acoustics were a Taylor 814ce and an early 90's Yairi
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

Groundy

Nice one Bone,
So professional,
well done.....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Well written and performed music! To my ears the sound of the acoustic guitar is close to perfection!

Fantastic job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

Very well done! This is the kind of "earthy" music that I like.

Rolow

Quote from: boneonbone on February 06, 2017, 07:00:56 PM...for the first time to try and add bass and lead guitar tracks. 

You learn quickly kemosabi.  Nice balanced recording.  Clear clean tones coming through.  Good song too.

Ron
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.