"Baby I'm Gone"

Started by boneonbone, January 08, 2017, 09:04:16 AM

boneonbone

Baby I'm Gone
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a new song (acoustic ballad) I co-wrote with a friend of mine.  Two acoustic guitars, two voices, he takes the lead vocal.  Used an X/Y mic to record the guitars into the BR800 and thought it captured the sound quite well on the acoustic solo in the middle.  Would be interested in what you think or suggestions to improve.  Thanks much!

Baby I'm Gone     words by Mark Porro and music by Vance Grazio      c 2016      

Packed my clothes, and that, old guitar  
Point the compass needle south,  
Chasing down the setting, summer sum
Take me down the fastest route

So many lovers have, come and gone,
And in my mind one still remains,
The only one who truly, held my heart,
Tight within her reins, tight within her reins

Chorus

Ooh baby I'm gone, I'm gone  
There's nothing more I can say to you,            
Oh baby I'm so far gone.

Will you remember me as, I do you?
Do you ache inside like me?
My love lies buried deep inside this chest,
Rusted lock and stolen key, rusted lock and stolen key.

[soundclick][/http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13507334]
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

Bluesberry

Yes, the guitars sound very good.  It's pretty much perfect the way it is from my ears.  Great solo, really tasty.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

kenny mac

Great acoustic sound there ,so,crisp and clear.and the vocals are cool too.
Lovely song.
Would like to hear it opened up with some strings and piano on it,but it's great as it is as well.
Well done.

Redler

Well written and arranged song!

Your guitar sounds so good! Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Well written, Well performed, Well done....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

fenderbender

Well recorded
Great vocals and guitar work
Congrats

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

ODH

Something of the Bruce Cockburn about this to my ear, and that's a very good thing in my book.  Real nice job fellas.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hi, couldn't really find any fault with this so nothing to add but my admiration for a job well done.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mach

Very nice song it makes me feel at ease. Well written & performed piece.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

CaptainJimbo

First up, I'd like to say that the acoustic guitars sound really top shelf, very classy crisp tones throughout, both on the rhythm and lead parts.
I thought that the drum parts were well played and sat very comfortably in the mix. I would very much like to enquire as to what you used for your drum sounds, they sounded very natural and quite realistic.

It took me a little bit for me to decide whether I was really enjoying the vocals or not, I was feeling it was almost too clean and perhaps a db or two too forward in the mix, but by the time the chorus came in I was really digging it. Some of vocal phrasing had a particularly nice Donald Fagen/Steely Dan quality, especially on some of the harmony parts.

This is a very clean pro recording which I can only assume that you will be releasing professionally. For that reason, if there was one thing that I would suggest altering on the vocal phrasing is on the last line of the chorus where you say, "I'm so far gone". To my ears the far almost sounds a bit too much like f*ck. F*cking gone certainly works as a lyric and I myself have no problem with sh*ts or f*cks or c*nts in a song but for the style of music I would suggest to perhaps change somewhat the inflection of that word before you release it. It's a pretty minor quibble and it's only my 2 cents, I don't even know if anyone else would pick it up, it certainly doesn't mar your performance in any way.

Great work, it's a fine production of a well written song. You chaps should be real happy with this one.
Warmest regards,

Captain Jimbo

www.thatjameskelly.com

"Semper in excretia sumus solum profundum variat"