"Before today" original song

Started by Davidtheguy, December 29, 2016, 03:21:14 PM

Davidtheguy

LANDR-beforetoday1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's one of my most recent songs, about meeting new people which can be hard work especially if you are in a bar with deafening music, but it's better to go with it rather than be on your own all the time.

My first song posted on this forum. I will also upload a cover however shortly.

Davidtheguy

Not a very good start, I'm afraid, the song cuts off after 2 seconds when I try to play it!

Hilary

Awww a kind of sad song but with an overriding sense of optimism. Well structured and performed (I particularly liked it when the harmonies came in). Welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to hearing more.

If you can't get it to play, try clicking on the Flash Engine box on the far right of the player and then pressing play with the HTML player - it's an idosyncrasy of the forum some of the players work on certain devices and some don't.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Davidtheguy

Thanks for that tip Hilary, it worked. However, there are other ways of listening to me such as downloading the MP3 or finding my song on other sites such as Youtube. My recordings are rather more polished now than they were when I started writing songs about 10 years ago, armed with a 4 track cassette recorder! I have progressed to digital recording!

Hilary

Put up a link to your Youtube channel, we'll have a butchers.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Groundy

Nice one David, welcome to the site....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Welcome to the site, David!

Very nice composition and arrangement; melodic and laid back feel on this! Well played and sung, too.

I'm curious to know which instruments you played on the recording? Very good soundscape indeed!

Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Very nice original, has a Burt Bacharach feel to it & that's never a bad thing in my book. Well written, performed & recorded. Glad you found our little corner of the web.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Davidtheguy

Hook, the comment about the Burt Bacharach feel is very true, I listen to Burt Bacharach songs a lot and the time signature and key changes he uses influences me quite a bit. This song has several 6/4 phrases.

The song is recorded using standard voices on the Yamaha DGX650 keyboard, it does have a large selection! I didn't use any drums on this song as I didn't think they were needed.

alfstone

Yes, I agree, very Bacharach-style here, but some nuances by the Fab Four too, some harmonizations in particular. The various changings in time and key are also very interesting.
Definitely something very different, congrats!

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra