The second part of a prog album I long to make

Started by Blooby, December 15, 2016, 04:17:35 PM

Blooby

Princess's Ball - 1st Mix
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Years ago, I found it unbelievably humorous to conceive of a prog album based on how awkward the stereotypical prog fan is. I would then try to insert every prog stereotype into the album, both musical and otherwise. The potential Mellotron sounds alone make me heady with glee.

Anyhow, I posted the first part years back (located here).  The old file should really be listened to first, for I have a concept...a big one with pretense and loose women and everything...

The lyrics aren't supposed to come in until after the solo. John gets six lines only. They don't even need to rhyme. I know there's a fair amount of space in here, but that's the way I hear it.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Love it, that bass is so '79 genesis and that chord change...you know the the one...the real proggy one...oh yea!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

I like that guitar tone a lot!! Spectacular playing!

This is music just for me - cool proggy feel!!

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mach

Great guitar tones and choice of chords. Bass with balls and drums sound really cool.
Prog-ness in session.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Nice one Blooby,
Great guitar playing and brilliant tones
Top Class....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

bruno

Great stuff, loved the sounds on this - I'm just back from Pompei - should have listened to this in the Amphitheatre, Prog central, where Pink Floyd played!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Loving it, right up my street. Can't wait for more of the same.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800