"Twoish" by Blooby

Started by Blooby, November 29, 2016, 07:07:40 PM

Blooby

Twoish - Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Another oddball instrumental left over from the Thanksgiving holiday. Apologies but most likely back to the grind till the winter break.

Peace.

Blooby

launched

Yes, I love it. I'm really sold on that guitar tone, sounds great! And awesome crunchy riff near the beginning, I shamelessly rewound it to listen to that part again.

I can't believe I just said "rewound", makes me feel old...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Groundy

No apologies needed for this little cracker Blooby,
Brilliant guitar playing and fantastic tone....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chapperz66

Oh Yes.  I'm rather partial to an oddball instrumental and this floats my boat big-style.

Great guitar playing of course and the time/tempo changes are brill.  Love the reverse reverb (is that what it is?) towards the end.

Marvelous stuff.

Paul

ODH

First of all, I love the title you gave it.

Great piece too.  You crammed a lot into the three and a half minutes and it still sounds spacious.

:)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

bruno

Yikes, this is goooooood. This is fabulous, what an enjoyable piece of music - total loved it. Drift into the clouds. Can't praise this highly enough, another bar set on songcrafters. Details please.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Brilliant, great tones in there and some top notch playing.
A great instrumental, some really cool time changes in there.
Bravo.

Blooby

Thanks for commenting, folks. It is greatly appreciated.

Quote from: launched on November 29, 2016, 08:28:57 PMI'm really sold on that guitar tone

The guitar over the theme was copied and then transposed up an octave (and tucked in the background). The main distortion was from a JHS Andy Timmons (@) pedal, which is in the Marshal camp. The chunk and fast repeated bit is the same setup. The solo in the outro was from a Fulltone Fulldrive 3, and the chording underneath had an Earthquaker Devices Night Wire Tremolo pedal, which can get some cool modulated sounds. It has one setting where the tremolo is controlled by the envelope, so it starts off quick and then slows. Pretty cool pedal.

Quote from: chapperz66 on November 30, 2016, 05:44:46 AMLove the reverse reverb (is that what it is?) towards the end.

I'm guessing you're referring to the noodly ethereal bits behind the outro solo. I had another bit of clean playing I had done days before but wasn't crazy about it. Instead of losing it, I thinned out the bottom end, reversed the audio, and then put some delay and reverb on it. I think I might have done the reverse delay and/or reverb trick as well (where you print the effect before flipping the audio, and then the trails swell up to the notes).

Quote from: bruno on December 01, 2016, 12:07:11 AMDetails please.

It started with the descending theme with the guitar, and then I got the idea for the simple strings and French horn to back that after the fact. It reminded me of prog guy Neal Morse. He had an album called One, so I called this "Twoish." I debated losing the bit in 7/8 because it seems thrown in, but I left it in because the whole thing would have been kind of short otherwise. I actually played it for John with the thought that it could be turned into some prog thing. Were that the case, the outro solo would have had vocals, and then the 7/8 thing would have come in, leading to some other screwed up realm. I have a (some would probably say annoying) habit of stitching together disparate sections, so I always try to come back to a prior section to try and pull it together somewhat. That's why it ended with that same French horn thing that appears several times. Percussion was all done within Addictive Drums. I hope that's what you were looking for, Bruno. Thanks for asking.

Blooby

chapperz66

Quote from: Blooby on December 03, 2016, 09:53:07 AMThanks for commenting, folks. It is greatly appreciated.

Quote from: chapperz66 on November 30, 2016, 05:44:46 AMLove the reverse reverb (is that what it is?) towards the end.

I'm guessing your referring to the noodly ethereal bits behind the outro solo. I had another bit of clean playing I had done days before but wasn't crazy about it. Instead of losing it, I thinned out the bottom end, reversed the audio, and then put some delay and reverb on it. I think I might have done the reverse delay and/or reverb trick as well (where your print the effect before flipping the audio).

Quote from: bruno on December 01, 2016, 12:07:11 AMDetails please.

It started with the descending theme with the guitar, and then I got the idea for the simple strings and French horn to back that after the fact. It reminded me of prog guy Neal Morse, and he had an album called One, so I called this Twosih. I debated losing the bit in 7/8 because it seems thrown in, but I left it in because it would have been kind of short otherwise. I actually played it for John with the thought that it could be turned into some prog thing. Were that the case, the outro solo would have had vocals, and then the 7/8 thing would have come in, leading to some other screwed up realm. I have a (some would probably say annoying) habit of stitching together disparate sections, so I always try to come back to a prior section to try and pull it together somewhat. That's why it ended with that same French horn thing that appears several times. Percussion was all done within Addictive Drums. I hope that's what you were looking for, Bruno. Thanks for asking.

Blooby

Some great ideas here.  Watch me rip them off!   ;) :)