Suggestions & Ideas you have for the Community

Started by Pedro, December 28, 2007, 08:26:19 PM

beleg

How about a forum for sound effects and other field recordings?  I was using my micro BR to record some subway announcements here in New York. I was thinking of using them in the background of a song, but I would love to get some announcements/sounds from other subway systems from around the world.

beleg

I would love to see a page with sounds samples of different effects patches and their settings.  I picture a  big chart where people could add a new user/preset setting and then an mp3.

Greeny

Quote from: beleg on October 15, 2008, 12:11:11 PMI would love to see a page with sounds samples of different effects patches and their settings.  I picture a  big chart where people could add a new user/preset setting and then an mp3.

So would I !   :)

Prive

Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Pedro

That kind of exists in the Share your effect patches section: you can create a new topic for your effect and upload a MP3. The problem is that not a lot of people share their user effects parameters.

beleg

Quote from: admin on October 30, 2008, 08:49:53 PMThat kind of exists in the Share your effect patches section: you can create a new topic for your effect and upload a MP3. The problem is that not a lot of people share their user effects parameters.

Yeah, but it would be nice to have one big page where we could listen to a bunch of different sample one right after another.

64Guitars

Quote from: beleg on October 15, 2008, 12:11:11 PMI would love to see a page with sounds samples of different effects patches and their settings.  I picture a  big chart where people could add a new user/preset setting and then an mp3.

I think admin will agree that creating a page for effects patches is easy. But getting content to put on that page is a different matter. Who is going to provide the patches that are to be put on this page? It seems that very few BR users create their own patches and those who do mostly keep them to themselves. There are currently only 5 patches in the "Share your Patches" section, contributed by three people (one of whom was admin) since January.

Everybody wants to download new patches for their BR, but nobody wants to create those patches. If nobody creates any patches, how can there ever be any patches available to download? People who want to download patches should start creating some patches of their own and uploading them to the "Share your Patch" section. With any luck, this will inspire others to create more patches and upload them. When the number of patches uploaded to the "Share your Patch" section gets high enough, then it will make sense to create a page to bring them all together in one place as you suggested.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

beleg

Quote from: 64Guitars on October 31, 2008, 12:35:58 PMEverybody wants to download new patches for their BR, but nobody wants to create those patches. If nobody creates any patches, how can there ever be any patches available to download? People who want to download patches should start creating some patches of their own and uploading them to the "Share your Patch" section.

Perhaps we should have a pot luck dinner, but instead of food we should all bring  patches.

:)

Blooby

I would love to see a section dedicated to live band/duet recordings with the ability to put multiple songs in a single post.  Most people here are into exploiting the capabilities of the BR family and song craft, so I don't think it's appropriate to splash multiple live recordings in the message boards.  I know I have felt that way after my "Museum of Oddities" jam nights.  Although folks have been very gracious with their comments about these live recordings, I have held back multiple posts because I refuse to inundate the boards with too many tunes.  Multiple songs in a single post would allow the user to keep songs from a single session/gig together.  Folks would then have the option to seek these live tunes out. 

I'd also like to see a separate section of recordings with backers.  I'd be curious how others feel, but unless something is heavily modified, almost beyond the point of recognition, I personally have little interest when folks play over prerecorded backing tracks.  No slight against the people doing them as some of the playing has been both both awe-inspiring and jaw-dropping. 

Two cents for the day.

Thanks for all you do.  This site has been/is much more than a mere stopping point on the net.

As always...peace.

Blooby