Suggestions & Ideas you have for the Community

Started by Pedro, December 28, 2007, 08:26:19 PM

guitarhead

I think we should have a "Present Yourself"-part in the sub-forum "Music & Other". It's always fun to know a little something about the ones you are discussing with.

Pedro

Quote from: guitarhead on January 30, 2008, 03:37:37 PMI think we should have a "Present Yourself"-part in the sub-forum "Music & Other". It's always fun to know a little something about the ones you are discussing with.

Yes, very good idea. I've thought about that as well. Maybe a subforum of Off-Topic?

Thanks

Pedro

New board created: Introduce yourself.

I feel that there are too many people that never posted and I hope this breaks some ice and make them post.

Pedro

Edited almost all the posts in the Post Your Work board to add the MP3 player. Hope you all don't mind.

Pedro

I'm thinking about creating a new section on the links page for people to put their Myspace, Soundclick, or other website. I think it would be cool...

What do you think?

antisocialworker

I would like to see more instructional videos on you tube or something
I find it hard as a newbie to understand the terminology used in the book or the site. E.G. > Panning, mixing etc.

Pedro

Today I tried to browse the site on Firefox (in Ubuntu) and it showed all wrong: the contacts menu was on the content box and other things were out of place because of that.

Does anybody have a problem using Firefox on Ubuntu?

If anybody sees any bug please email me or post here.

64Guitars

Quote from: admin on February 28, 2008, 03:31:56 PMToday I tried to browse the site on Firefox (in Ubuntu) and it showed all wrong: the contacts menu was on the content box and other things were out of place because of that.

I found the solution today. Search for ''msttcorefonts" in Synaptic Package Manager (it's under "Miscellaneous - Graphical (multiverse)") and install it. This installs 11 Microsoft TrueType fonts in Ubuntu. They are:

- Andale Mono
 - Arial Black
 - Arial (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
 - Comic Sans MS (Bold)
 - Courier New (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
 - Georgia (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
 - Impact
 - Times New Roman (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
 - Trebuchet (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
 - Verdana (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
 - Webdings

After installing these fonts, the site's menus will look the same as they do in Windows.

This will also make lots of other websites look the way they were intended to look if they were designed with these fonts.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Pedro

Great, thanks a lot 64Guitars!

Its somewhat crazy that Ubuntu isn't packed with such popular TrueType fonts by MS like Arial and Times New Roman.

Thanks again for posting the solution.

Greeny

I stumbled across this forum the day I got my BR, and you guys pointed me in the right direction even before I got it out of the box. I honestly don't think I'd have got to grips with it using the manual alone, so for me, the tutorials were invaluable.

There's nothing I'd change on here, and I guess it's just up to us members to keep up the interest and involvement...