Suggestions & Ideas you have for the Community

Started by Pedro, December 28, 2007, 08:26:19 PM

Pedro

Greetings my friends,

In this topic we can all share our ideas, suggestions and tips for making this community a better one. Feel free to post your thoughts, even if you don't think they won't work or aren't viable.

I'll start with a simple question: Do you think the forum theme should be changed?

Oldrottenhead

imho the site is excellent i have had my microbr for about 6 months but ive learned more in the last week since i joined the site.
only idea i have is that a link to tutorials could be in the forums and only because i forgot to bookmark the home page and bookmarked the forums.
it would also be cool to get some collaborations going, somewhere for people to post bits of music that could be added too by other members. eg someone uploads a drum track and we all add our wee bit on top and see what comes out at the other end.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 28, 2007, 08:38:33 PMimho the site is excellent i have had my microbr for about 6 months but ive learned more in the last week since i joined the site.
only idea i have is that a link to tutorials could be in the forums and only because i forgot to bookmark the
home page and bookmarked the forums.

That's very nice to hear. Yes, I've thought about that as well and will do it as soon as I figure it out how to.  :D

Quoteit would also be cool to get some collaborations going, somewhere for people to post bits of music that could be added too by other members. eg someone uploads a drum track and we all add our wee bit on top and see what comes out at the other end.

That's a great idea too, I'm working on a drum track and will upload it as soon as I finish it. But this is the kind of thing that needs a participation by everyone. As the forum grows, more and more people will participate, I think.

Thanks for your ideas, oldrottenhead. Keep them coming  ;)

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 28, 2007, 08:38:33 PMit would also be cool to get some collaborations going, somewhere for people to post bits of music that could be added too by other members. eg someone uploads a drum track and we all add our wee bit on top and see what comes out at the other end.

They do something like that on the Home Recording forum of the Fender Discussion Page (FDP):

http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&message_area_number=28

Check out some of their efforts to get an idea of how it could be done. It usually starts with someone posting a backing track (drums, bass, rhythm guitar, organ, horns, etc.). Then other members add lead guitar, vocals, etc. and submit their version for others to listen to.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Pedro

The link menu was added. If you find any bug or error related to the menu while doing something on the forum, please point it out here.

Pedro

New section added: Rhythm & Drums. I think that it is feature deserves its own board so I added that new section.

What do you think about it?

Pedro

Added a different theme, now the forum will look integrated in the website. There are some bugs which I'm planning to solve.

What do you think? Do you like this design or prefer the old design?

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

Fixed some of the bugs. Search and Members function are still buggy.

Pedro

New sub-board added, Collaborations. Now if you want to add a song or an experience you would like to be "messed with" post it on the Collaborations sub-board. Just to keep things more organized. ;)