"Done" a Hook original on my new Merlin (w/video)

Started by Hook, November 24, 2016, 06:30:44 AM

Hook

Done
Time:
0:00
Volume:
As most of you know I've been dealing with my mid-life crisis  & depression  lately with buying way too much gear. I couldn't help myself when I saw this hanging up at Guitar Center. It's a Merlin (I think Pine has one) made by Seagull. It's like a dulicmer/guitar...very cool.
Sadly my mom's been in the Hospital since Sunday. Things were looking pretty bad but have gotten somewhat better as of yesterday. However, I wrote (improvised) this tune on Tues. in my car after a very sad day at the hospital.
Audio-Br80
video-Tascam DR1HD
edited in wondershare
Done
written & performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mach

Quote from: Hook on November 24, 2016, 06:30:44 AMAs most of you know I've been dealing with my mid-life crisis  & depression

I know the feeling Brother. Mine has lasted for a while now.

The Merlin looks great and sound nice. I don't know the tuning of these, but it looks fairly easy from your vid.
Great improvised tune, Hope your Mom is doing well.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Very cool Hook !!

... always a treat to hear a Hook song !!

I feel for you !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Has an interesting sound, I really enjoyed it. Wishing you and yours all the best.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

Hope your mom's feeling better, Hook. Fantastic playing, and a really well-done video.

I have a Merlin (a maple one, like yours), but it doesn't often get that kind of workout.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

kenny mac

Excellent playing my friend,I hope things all work out for you,Across the globe ,country to country in our little life's I guess we are all battling some or have been through some form of crisis that has drained us.
Mentally and physically ,and it's hard,I'm always banging on about positivity but I know it's hard to let it in some times.
Your music is a great way of getting those feelings out and across to other people.
Sharing thoughts and talking to people are great healers and I suppose music is a form of that to us writers.
All I can do is send you positive vibes brother and hope things get better for you,your a star,keep shining.

Groundy

What a beautiful sound from your Merlin,
Great vid, I always enjoy your music Hook,
Hope your Mum is feeling better....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

Hope things turn a corner for you, my friend. I find it uncanny how you can pick up anything and make music immediately with it. Nice post.

Blooby