"Don't Close Your Eyes" Rough mix,,Hope you all well..:] Mr Bud.

Started by MrBud, November 20, 2016, 09:37:00 PM

MrBud

Dont close your eyes 10
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Needed objective sounding board,,,Hope i'm still welcomed here.
Take care,
George
Up And Adam

SteveB

Listening to anything on laptop speakers tends to become a chore eventually - the sonic reproduction just isn't there. :(
So in light of that, I'd say first bring the vocals more to the fore, beyond that that it's not really fair to comment has I'm sh*gged-out after work. However, there appears to be a dang catchy toon in there somewhere, so I would contend that you've a decent piece of work to work on. It has potential. Good luck with further mixing etc.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

IanR

Hi George,

Of course you are welcome  :)

This song has a great feel to it.

I agree that the vocals lack a bit of sharpness/clarity.

If you can, increase the volume on the vocals and maybe EQ it so there is less in the bass end, so the vocals sound a bit less mushy. Are you using a compresser? That could aslo help a bit if you are not too agressive with it. If you can EQ each track, try emphasising the EQ of each instrument so that they have their own space in the mix.  Also, if working in a DAW, cut out the parts where there is nothing going on. You would be amazed how this can clean up a mix.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

You are always welcome to contribute to our community George.
This is a good song, I didn't mind the vocal placement as much but it does have a openess to the overall mix...I don't dislike it but would like to hear it a bit tighter and cleaner. I do think you intrumental sections need some strong melody or solo over it.I like where the progression goes but my mind started to wander a bit.
Good work here.

Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

MrBud

Yes,agree with the sonic reproduction is not sharp enough,,mushy is correct as well as too much bottom,,,I know what i don't know,and these finer nuisances which i should be paying more attention to,,To learn,,I agree there is  a catchy song "in there somewhere" and,the sonic reproduction is so very important...
I need to learn more---

I will take sometime to set my mind to just those things...

Thank you,for your warm reception,,
Good to be back,,and to learn to listen more...
:]

George
Up And Adam

Blooby

I'm digging how it sounds. Yes, it could be tighter, but I love the vibe of this one. I can hear all the instruments as well as the lyrics. It's catchy as hell, too.

Cool post.

Blooby

Always welcome to my ears Mr B, and it didn't sound rough to me. Top notch.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Groundy

Sorry George I thought I had already commented on this,
Sounds good to me, Good to have you back...

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs