Also testing... [no title] RESULT!

Started by SdC, April 30, 2009, 05:46:47 AM

SdC

br600_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is fun stuff! The first evening of playing with my new BR-600 resulted in this short "play along" track. Effects used on guitar parts are the built-in FX, default settings, bass is a GR-33 guitar synth, the drum part is one of the built-in arrangements (BALLAD1 @ 70bpm).

recorder
Boss BR-600

The Reverend 48

This is great...I wish I had your skills lets hear more!

SdC

Haha skills? Just years and years of cassette 4-track experience. Just getting back into it now. How nice to have 8 tracks available; I only used 5+drum for this tune. I hope to be able to post the first collaboration results with a singer/trance-rhythm-programmer after next weekend; that's where it gets really exciting!

recorder
Boss BR-600

Bluesberry

Very nice indeed.  Welcome aboard, this is great.  If this is just fun stuff I cant wait to hear something serious from you, ambience galore.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Excellent production!!! Yes, you sure have the skills !!!

Looking forward to more !!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SdC

Here's the trick I've used for creating the final mixdown (and on a portable recorder it's very easy to do): play it back on a few different hifi and low-fi amps/speakers, at high volume but more importantly at low volume, and also in mono. The final mix is the one that sounds good regardless.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Pedro

This is pretty cool! And that trick is a good idea. can the BR-600 memorize different mixes in the same song? That would be great.

SdC

Quote from: admin on May 01, 2009, 12:17:32 PMThis is pretty cool! And that trick is a good idea. can the BR-600 memorize different mixes in the same song? That would be great.
That would be great, but alas no. Off course it's very easy to store various mixes on separate V-tracks (how else are we going to fill up 64 tracks :P  )

recorder
Boss BR-600

Wiley

Followed you link here from collabs. Yes it does need a vocal.  Very haunting & nice. Do you have lyrics in mind?

SdC

Thank you very much. I have a couple of melodic ideas running through my head but no lyrics really; I would like English lyrics but it is not my native language, and I'm no good at it even in dutch. I guess this is the embryonic stage of the song where it can still go any way you'd like. I'd love to hear your voice in this; it would fit very well. I plan to dive into the rhythm arranger tomorrow for the first time to extend the arrangement, so I hope to be able to upload an update soon.

recorder
Boss BR-600