Interesting Jam session 1 (Bass lesson 2)

Started by OsCKilO, April 29, 2009, 06:14:02 PM

OsCKilO

head on live
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hello again

This recording was captured when Kai and I were trying to teach a friend (Steve) how to play bass and leads on from "Bass lesson 1"....

Steve seemed to relax after the first recording and was able to pick out the bass notes for "Head on"during some theory, so we recorded the attempt live.

Again this was recorded it using the Sony Condenser Mic, so all of this was played live. No mixing, panning etc....All played through the same amp.

We think that Steve Isn't doing too badly for his first Jam session....

Again many heads are better than one, so Steve asks for feedback and Tips from the worlds finest.....

Cheers

T (Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Jim1970

Hey thats pretty Good! Steve did a great job Here, this has an early Pink Floyd SYD Barret thing to it. Cool piece and Hats off to Steve!! Nice!!

JIKM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Nice jam and your mates picking up that bass real well. Work on this and you could have a very good song on your hands
recorder
Boss BR-80

Satchwood

Sounds cool - great floydish / Doorish jam!  I think Steve did a great job - tell him to add some more bass slides in there - nice delay on the bass!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Great start. My advice - go here http://www.studybass.com/ and check out some of the simple bass patterns. This will allow Steve to add a little interest to his bass lines without having to learn lots of musical theory.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Davo

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Geir

The echoed bass works well on this interesting piece of music. A good performance indeed!! When it comes to playing bass I'm not the right guy to ask, but one thing I've learned from my drummer brother is that the bass and the bass-drum shall ALWAYS be in sync!! (unless you choose it not to be (my addition) ;))

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

What Great Advice!

Thank you All! Feedback is always good for confidence and improvement.

Steve couldn't get off to a better start with base given your input.

Nigel- Cheers for the link.

Satch/Jim-
Thanks for the Pink Floyd comparison! Have never listened to their stuff so we you-tubed them.
Syd Barret was crazy cool.

Tragic...... but crazy cool.

LSD has a lot of explaining to do.....

Geir- Will try it........

Thanks again

T, Kai and Steve (Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

This does have a great "Set the Controls" feel to it. Like always, puts you in another world. The synth sound is killer!

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover