Interesting Jam session 1 (Bass lesson)

Started by OsCKilO, April 29, 2009, 06:05:18 PM

OsCKilO

bass lesson recording
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all

This recording was captured when Kai and I were trying to teach a friend (Steve) how to play bass (Not that we are much good ourselves)......... He picked it up really quickly despite only picking the instrument up for the first time last month.

The MBR is such a great teaching tool..... Being able to play something back to
someone really shows someone where they need to hone in......

We made up a quick tune for him to play along to and recorded it using the Sony Condenser Mic, so all of this was played live. No mixing, panning etc....
All played through the same amp.

We liked the tune and might work on it for a serious post.

We were so impressed with Steve's progress that we did a live version of "Head on" with him. We'll post it next........

Many heads are better than one, so Steve asks for feedback from the worlds finest (aka the BR community).....

Cheers/Peace

T (Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

This has a nice, ambient groove. Nothing wrong with the bass playing at all! It would have been easier for his timing to have some rhythm to play against though. Good work though, and I love the keyboards  :)

tafka

Bass sounds just fine.ahh synths i love 'em.
its worth working on this.go serious as you say.

Tony J
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

The Reverend 48

You have the start of something there...I think its worth crafting into a full song

OsCKilO

Cheers all.... ;D

We'll work on a full version of this one for the next post, and try our hand at some Vox for it.......  :-\

Strange what you come up with when your just messing around!

Steve says thanks for the feed back. He's seen the forum before and getting feedback from the BR Scholars has been a big confidence boost for him!    8)

Osckilo
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

I think your new bass player is working out great!! Fits in perfectly with everything else you are doing. Doesn't hurt that it's an excellent groove, either!

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover