Original : "I am in love"

Started by Geir, April 29, 2009, 03:16:46 PM

Geir

I am in love
Time:
0:00
Volume:
James reminded me of this one after seeing it on myspace.

I wrote this one a year ago and, as the MBR was occupied, most of this is recorded on my Korg D16. Extra guitars are added on the MBR before final "mixmastering"!!

Ohh yeah ... that's me abusing the tinwhistle and bagpipe violin in the background !!

If you recognize the squeaking chair at the end you know where it was recorded 8)

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Migs

Quote from: Geir on April 29, 2009, 03:16:46 PMIf you recognize the squeaking chair at the end you know where it was recorded
I do recognisethat squeaking chair.  Please stay out of my mother's sunroom Geir.

What was your missus' reaction when she heard the song ?
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Wiley

Oh Wow Geir,  This is just beautiful. Your wife should love you very much for you to write a song like this.  I am speechless. The harmonies are just awesome.  Don't know what else to say. 

BossMicroBRew

Geir, glad you go this posted. Your song sort of reminds me of a day gone by. You know where you can sit back, relax, crack open a brewski, and ponder? I really, thoroughly, enjoyed this.

AC
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Kody

Your harmonies are amazing~ Heavenly~ Perfect! What kind of mic were you using? Sounds awesome, Geir!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Oldrottenhead

glad you posted this here geir, coz now i can download it and put it on my mp3 player.
i heard this on your myspace page and was blown away, it is otherworldly, i love the dischord caused by the tin whistle, a beautiful beautiful song.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

My oh my. This is OUTSTANDING, Geir. All the different parts and move and harmonize together beautifully. A great, great song. I could hear a bit of 'Suzanne' by Leonard Cohen and shades of Simon and Garfunkel, but you have got your own style that takes lots of familiar elements and turns them into something new. I'm a fan!  :)

Flash Harry

I agree with Tim (Greeny), it's roots are in the Simon/Garfunkle/Cohen arena and it's so sweet. But there's hints of James Taylor and others I can't quite put my finger on at the moment....

It's a really nice song. Thanks for posting it.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bluesberry

Another one that shines bright Geir.  Your changes of style from song to song is most inspiring.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Migs on April 29, 2009, 05:08:15 PM
Quote from: Geir on April 29, 2009, 03:16:46 PMIf you recognize the squeaking chair at the end you know where it was recorded
I do recognisethat squeaking chair.  Please stay out of my mother's sunroom Geir.
What was your missus' reaction when she heard the song ?
LOL Well the missus' didn't like me beeing in that sunroom  ::) ..... that was a major mistake ...
...but since there's A minor or 2 here I think the description of the rest of her reactions will have to be suspended until the minor/major ratio is diminished  (am I beginning to sound like some other thread that's going on here now  ?  ;D ??? ::) :D ....)

Joking aside ... Thank you, for the feedback!!

Quote from: Kody on April 29, 2009, 10:11:57 PMYour harmonies are amazing~ Heavenly~ Perfect! What kind of mic were you using? Sounds awesome, Geir!!
Thanx Kody, well I used two dynamic mic's. For the vox (and the tinwhisle I guess) I used an Astel D5 and the guitars and violin were recorded by a AKG D60S, both cheepish dynamic mic's.

All the musical references are quite appropriate as they of course will influence anyone who listen to them, and very flattering indeed!! :)
For me the ('65-'66) Beatles is what I had in mind when writing the lyrics. Not as a direct influence, but in the sense of (in retrospect) being between innocence and ..... well .. more complex stuff ... don't know if this makes any sense ....

Glad you enjoyed it!!

Geir

(BTW the chord progression on the verse is the same as Sweet home Alabama, tho' in another key   ;D )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........