Stray Dogs by Art-O_H

Started by artokh74, October 08, 2016, 09:58:42 PM

Hook

Your character shines through in your responses. Not once have I been or said anything disrespectful or rude to you. I haven't used obseneties  (which I love) or insulted you in any way. I would never elicit other members to back up my opinion. This is a forum they can comment if they wish. I've said my peace and stand by it.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ignoring any personal or political comments I thought the song was great although the vocal could come up a tad in the mix.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

Quote from: Mach on October 09, 2016, 07:00:52 AMThe graphic nature of the video is a bit unsettling

Mach

I'm not going to watch as I'm not great with 'graphic videos' (I still remember your terrorist beheading clip) - if you are going to post such videos here then I personally would appreciate some trigger warnings, delicate flower that I am.

Hook is American btw.

I took no offence whatsoever with the "small amount of views" comment and certainly didn't think it was a Songcrafter dig. I just thought you've got a niche audience that's small but dedicated.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

leighelse

You have a great sound; that wall of fuzzy guitars is well constructed. I have some death metal friends who'd love this track.

Quote from: Willie on October 18, 2016, 12:05:39 PMIgnoring any personal or political comments I thought the song was great although the vocal could come up a tad in the mix.

Willie may be right. I listened after reading the lyrics, and didn't find the vocals too low. If I hadn't already read the lyrics I'd probably agree.

However, I couldn't really tell from the lyrics what the song was about; whether you were attacking capitalism, liberalism, extremism or any other ism. Even the images in the video didn't make the purpose of the song clear to me. Not that songs have to have a purpose, mind you - and you did state the intention of the lyrics in this thread.

Quote from: Hilary on October 18, 2016, 02:16:58 PMI'm not going to watch as I'm not great with 'graphic videos' (I still remember your terrorist beheading clip) - if you are going to post such videos here then I personally would appreciate some trigger warnings, delicate flower that I am.

Personally I didn't find the video content any more unsettling than clips I see on the few occasions I'm forced to watch television news (I'm a devoted public radio listener). But a warning never hurts.
Dueling BR1600s. Beats banjos.

Hook

I see you deleted your obsentity laced, threat filled post directed towards me... ;)
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=25835.0

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

artokh74

Quote from: Hook on October 19, 2016, 03:42:27 PMI see you deleted your obsentity laced, threat filled post directed towards me... ;)
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=25835.0

I did that yes. Because there is no room for that here.
Not that I meant to threaten you in anyway. Unless you consider the willingness "to abuse you like you've never been abused before" a threat, the abuse was intended as the verbal kind but you sure have a way of interpreting things.  I did let a few expletives out once you blamed me for daring to not post anything here since July, while the truth is I was in hospital most of August and September trying to f'n stay alive. Of course you had no way to know, but I am still a little shaken and quite touchy about the whole thing. so things got the better of me.
I have no ill feelings about anything, just a little puzzled how can a little joke comment about my small fan base be considered as an attack on this or any other forum. I thought a forum like this is the place where people could relate to that the most.
Anyway, in the future, I'll be posting my songs and shit elsewhere since I'm not used to my sense of humor causing trouble anywhere and don't enjoy the experience, nor I am interested in becoming a humorless prick in my posts because I'm upsetting one very vocal person with my style.

Rock On!

artokh74

Quote from: Hilary on October 18, 2016, 02:16:58 PM
Quote from: Mach on October 09, 2016, 07:00:52 AMThe graphic nature of the video is a bit unsettling

Mach

I'm not going to watch as I'm not great with 'graphic videos' (I still remember your terrorist beheading clip) - if you are going to post such videos here then I personally would appreciate some trigger warnings, delicate flower that I am.

Hook is American btw.

I took no offence whatsoever with the "small amount of views" comment and certainly didn't think it was a Songcrafter dig. I just thought you've got a niche audience that's small but dedicated.

Thanks for your comments Hilary. You are correct in that I should have put some graphic content warning here, as I did with my other graphic video "We are the rain" which has always had an age limit of 18 on Youtube. This one though is not even remotely that heavy.
I need to rectify the beheading-comment a bit though. First of all, no beheading was actually shown on the video. Secondly there were two clips of the same "beheading" event shown...first the version that all the world has seen with a terrorist holding a machete on an orange-clad kneeling prisoner, and second one where it shows they are filming this exact same segment in a high facility (western?) studio environment with a desert backdrop, that also reveals that no actual beheading or killing even took place (which I also edited out since the fake kill looks pretty terrible at first). So there kind of was a point to the violence, I hope.

Hilary

Quote from: artokh74 on October 20, 2016, 12:45:38 PM
Quote from: Hilary on October 18, 2016, 02:16:58 PM

Mach

Hook is American btw.

Thanks for your comments Hilary. You are correct in that I should have put some graphic content warning here, as I did with my other graphic video "We are the rain" which has always had an age limit of 18 on Youtube. This one though is not even remotely that heavy.
I need to rectify the beheading-comment a bit though. First of all, no beheading was actually shown on the video. Secondly there were two clips of the same "beheading" event shown...first the version that all the world has seen with a terrorist holding a machete on an orange-clad kneeling prisoner, and second one where it shows they are filming this exact same segment in a high facility (western?) studio environment with a desert backdrop, that also reveals that no actual beheading or killing even took place (which I also edited out since the fake kill looks pretty terrible at first). So there kind of was a point to the violence, I hope.

Thanks for that - sorry I didn't mean you actually showed someone getting their head chopped off in reality, just the lead up to it. I can't even watch horror films . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

thetworegs

Very Pro...Hope your fully recovered from what ever happened to you...this one certainly sounds like you have ...love the whole thing ...thoroughly enjoyed ...love those guitars and your vocal is the icing on the cake...more please ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

artokh74

Quote from: thetworegs on October 21, 2016, 03:33:49 AMVery Pro...Hope your fully recovered from what ever happened to you...this one certainly sounds like you have ...love the whole thing ...thoroughly enjoyed ...love those guitars and your vocal is the icing on the cake...more please ;D

Thanks Reg. Much appreciated!
It's a long on-going thing so no real recovery, but there's still some better days too and I try make most of them...:)