Stray Dogs by Art-O_H

Started by artokh74, October 08, 2016, 09:58:42 PM

artokh74

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I wrestled myself for a few months about whether to release this one or not, since I knew it was going to get strong and wrong interpretations, but with the (deservedly, I will admit) small amount of views or listens I'm getting anyway I thought what the hell.. It has a pretty cool guitar riff at least. :D

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=qKvMmjoLE2U

Mach

The graphic nature of the video is a bit unsettling although that's the way it really is in the World today unfortunately.
I like the music and that guitar riff is great, but I'm having a hard time making out the lyrics at times. Could you post the lyrics?

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

artokh74

Thanks Mach.
Yea I have a tendency to bury the vocals a bit with the heavier stuff.
You can find the lyrics here:

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/arto-hietala/stray-dogs/581613/

The lyric is intended as an attack to all extremists ("the God's chosen ones") who use religion as an excuse for their atrocities. Be it terrorism, oppression, sexism or whatever.
Some folks have seen it as an attack on certain specific religion, but I think that speaks volumes about their own prejudice, not mine.

The uncut version of the song is at that same page.

-A

Groundy

Nice one Art,
Some nice Guitar work,
I too am unsure about the video,
Well done....Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Oldrottenhead

this is a cracker catchy as hell. will give this some more attention later when i get home , i am currently at work and have this on in the background so not seen the video and not catching all the lyrics. but music really captivating.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Quote from: artokh74 on October 08, 2016, 09:58:42 PMbut with the (deservedly, I will admit) small amount of views or listens I'm getting anyway
As I've said before to you, that crap steams me & it certainly deters people from giving a crap about your music. You aren't the most active member and out of your 115 posts the majority of them are on your own song posts. Personally I think you've gotten some fine, positive feedback from this site and rather than passively demean other members for not paying enough attention to you you should take more time sharing some of the support you've gotten. It's still no guarantee that you'll get more comments but you stand a better chance.
Put your disappointment, frustration & anger in your songs, not in your posts. At least then it comes across as self depreciating rather than just rudeness.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

artokh74

Quote from: Hook on October 09, 2016, 08:08:41 AM
Quote from: artokh74 on October 08, 2016, 09:58:42 PMbut with the (deservedly, I will admit) small amount of views or listens I'm getting anyway
As I've said before to you, that crap steams me & it certainly deters people from giving a crap about your music.

Wow man, take it easy and get a sense of humour at last, will you? If I was pissed about anything on this forum I would simply stop posting. How stupid do you think I am? "The deservedly small amount of VIEWS and LISTENS..." was a general comment on the uncommercial nature of my stuff and also pretty much ALL music by unknown artists trying to get heard, on all the various places and platforms where I try to participate. It's a real battle, and therefore I figured it doesn't really matter much how people interpret a simple song. Every day I hear artists way more talented than myself and they're in the same boat regardless.  Songcrafters has been probably the most useful forum concerning feedback and criticism, folks pointing out obvious flaws I'd completely missed etc., and before your rant it looked to be keeping it up...some people "giving a crap" and all, but now that you've decided to step in with your cape, you've probably killed it again for awhile.
So, please just leave me alone, and never again mistake me for someone who gives a crap about your opinion. I'm writing this to correct your shit to everyone else here, not to reply to you.

Hook

Quote from: artokh74 on October 09, 2016, 08:32:42 AM
Quote from: Hook on October 09, 2016, 08:08:41 AM
As I've said before to you, that crap steams me & it certainly deters people from giving a crap about your music.

Wow man, take it easy and get a sense of humour at last, will you? If I was pissed about anything on this forum I would simply stop posting. How stupid do you think I am? "The deservedly small amount of VIEWS and LISTENS..." was a general comment on the uncommercial nature of my stuff and also pretty much ALL music by unknown artists trying to get heard, on all the various places and platforms where I try to participate. It's a real battle, and therefore I figured it doesn't really matter much how people interpret a simple song. Every day I hear artists way more talented than myself and they're in the same boat regardless.  Songcrafters has been probably the most useful forum concerning feedback and criticism and before your rant it looked to be keeping it up...some people "giving a crap" and all, but now that you've decided to step in with your cape, you've probably killed it again for awhile.
So, please just leave me alone, and never again mistake me for someone who gives a crap about your opinion. I'm writing this to correct your shit to everyone else here, not to reply to you.
You are the one posting, getting positive comments from many. In 5 min of scouring your posts (about a 3rd of the most recent) I found 3 snide comments just like this one. I do try  to ignore those members that are clearly here for thier own selfish, social media expectations but once you make general guilt inducing, rude comments towards a site I value I do voice my opinion. This isn't a platform for you to grow your fan base like soundcloud or bandcamp, its a community of like minded musicians sharing and supporting each other. Not complaining about how unappreciated we are.
Most forums are much less friendly and supportive than songcrafters and I will continue to encourage members to be positive and supportive. My pointing this out (again) isn't to attack you but to inform you that your attitude  & how you present your music definately does influence how it is received.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

artokh74

Seriously Hook, you are way too serious and really badly stuck on a single note here.  If my opening post was so insulting, rude, snide or whatever, do you think anyone would actually response. No, but most people do have a sense of humor and no prejudice against me, and have better things to do with their life than scour my past posts and read everything with a preconception that I'm a selfish cunt. In the past week alone I've contributed music to songs by four different artists for no pay or recognition. I never say no if I'm asked to do such things because I love doing it and got the time for it.
I also love recording my own shit but I'm not under any illusions about ever making it.  My health wouldn't allow me to even if I something did come of it. So I'm NOT serious AT ALL about promoting my stuff here or anywhere else. I post it here and there because a few people seem to like it and that's great. I do find it funny though that regardless of how much free online promotion you do, you just can't really reach people because you get lost in the flood on information out there. It's kind of a running joke really, like..."I spend 8 hours on eleven forums and got 18 listens...all skipped it before the 1st verse though" (bandcamp will tell you this).  Though I know that you in your cape and power of positivity propably don't see anything funny about it.
I admit though, that I actually had to do a search about the previous time you got pissed and that was like a f'n year ago. I mean, SERIOUSLY!!!, c'mon man. Your killing me :D
Keep posting though, I do love British comedy and you are certainly not letting me and the Mrs down here.  

Hook

Quote from: artokh74 on October 09, 2016, 10:10:31 AMIf my opening post was so insulting, rude, snide or whatever, do you think anyone would actually response. 
Yes I do. We have one of the most incredible group of members here that listen and comment on almost every song posted, regardless of their activity and attitude. I've seen it constantly here since 2009.
Quote from: artokh74 on October 09, 2016, 10:10:31 AMreally badly stuck on a single note here.   
Perhaps but you did agree with the exact same point, made by me & others a year ago and still you've done the same thing twice since then.
Quote from: artokh74 on October 09, 2016, 10:10:31 AMIn the past week alone I've contributed music to songs by four different artists for no pay or recognition.
Not sure what to say about the end of the statement, I guess I'm glad no one is paying you to comment...that I find that funny.
However your last post here was in July when you did post on one other members song and before that in June you made another comment on someones song. When you start commenting on songs like, Groundy, Redler or Johnny Robo then you can brag about your contributions..which they never do.
I like the cape I've earned here and value the positivity here, it's a great respite from my own negativity.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely