wonderful 2008

Started by Oldrottenhead, March 04, 2008, 03:02:09 PM

Oldrottenhead

134.wonderful 2008
Time:
0:00
Volume:
this is one i wrote years ago when i first met my wife, and still feeling the same about her i thought i'd redo it (yuk). 1st problem was it was about 18 years since i wrote it and couldn't remember how to play it.
so i played the bits i could remember, which was melody and rhythm guitar parts. so i recorded them 1st then guestimated the rest, also i recorded 3 vocal parts but seperately just to see what would happen when i merged them. so this is recorded in a way that it probably shouldnt have been but it has produced an interesting result a bit ramshackled but i think it has a freshness/newness/vitality that strangely works judge for yourself.
all comments and constructive criticism welcome.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

20_~wonderful _ the bunkbeds
Time:
Volume:
here is the original recording from long ago  recorded on my old edison vitaphone.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI Like It
which version
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

Oops hit submit by accident- its quite a departure from the original (vitaphone lol)
I thought  the keys should be a bit more in the the background during the verses
I like the original fade out
The gang vox are are interesting-it works-
It is much mor vibrant-I bet the misses is just beaming
Ron
Got to keep 'em smiling

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pedro

I liked the two versions, but the first one, the old one, is my favorite. Simply because I like the drums more (what drum machine is that? it's pretty cool), the guitar picking and the subtle keys. The whole atmosphere of the first version is superior and much more meaningful than that of the second version in my opinion. Maybe if you followed the suggestion of Ron by lowering the keys it would be better. Also, I suggest that you try to do some guitar picking instead of chord strumming.

Its a beatiful song, I bet your wife loves it.

Oldrottenhead

original was on a casio sk5 sampler keyboard , a real cheap keyboard with its rock drumloop. yes original is much better, i had youth on my side , yeah keys are far too loud, but i think i know the song again so when i have a day off will try again.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

134.wonderful 2008 no drums
Time:
Volume:
here is remake without drums and remixed keys back a bit. if loaded into br via convertor software, the song is at 120bpms so people can expirement with br drum patterns or use a click track to record drums from another source.
am getting a new drum machine soon so hope to try  something myself.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

Its good, I wish I could capture my drums with a cool sound quality and add them.

waynesan76

You have some real talent there brother. Does it come natural? Is music part of your career? Just wondering cause I'm jealous, hahaha!

Keep the good stuff coming.