Testing Again....

Started by The Reverend 48, April 29, 2009, 07:43:55 AM

The Reverend 48

mmm_0708_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I recorded a stereo guitar track and tried doubling it but I don't think it worked (the echoy bits are definitely 2 guitars not a doubled effect ???
In fact I'm not sure apart from reverb I'm applying any of the loop effects correctly
anyway another Backer(stereo) and 2 guitar tracks (one in stereo)
patches left Claplead right voxamp......
Whilst I am more concerned with the tech side I quite like this 8)
Criticism please!  ;D

64Guitars

There's a doubling effect under the insert effects as well, and I find that it works better than the one under loop effects because it has an additional parameter for separation. This lets you pan the direct guitar signal to one side and the delayed copy to the other. You could also apply track EQ to one of the channels to make it sound like a different guitar. Or you could bounce the copied guitar to another v-track to alter it more dramatically using the insert effects.

I don't find the loop effects very useful for guitar. All of the loop effects except reverb are also available in the insert effects and these usually work better for guitar. The loop effects might be more useful for the drums, vocals, or keyboards, for example.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Pedro

I think it sounds great. Did you create the backing track as well? I like the sound of having different guitar sounds separated on the left and right channel, especially when playing the same notes.

Wiley

wow 48 I think this was really great. PLaying guitar with yourself must be fun.  P.S I downloaded one of your blues songs. And this summer I am going to play with you.  It might take all summer but I will learn it and post it. AND hope I don't ruin your song.  This song is also crying for some vocals he he!! 

Wiley

Say 48 I have a question for you.  I have a G&L guitar front & back pickups etc.  What guitar effect should I use to try and play a blues song with you.  ON the Br of course as that is all I have.  You always sound great!! It is one of your slower blues songs. But I kind of want to surprise you or scare you LOL  Just give me an idea wich pickup & effect I should maybe use. Thanks

BossMicroBRew

Yeah, I can't provide any good feedback probably. I fumble and football my way through the BR still So, other than that, I enjoyed your post. Definitely like the L claplead, too...I could even take it more punchy. Nice work.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

SdC

Nice solid work.
I'd turn both guitars down just a notch; that would melt them together with the backing.
Keep em coming!

recorder
Boss BR-600

The Reverend 48

Quote from: wiley on April 29, 2009, 05:44:38 PMSay 48 I have a question for you.  I have a G&L guitar front & back pickups etc.  What guitar effect should I use to try and play a blues song with you.  ON the Br of course as that is all I have.  You always sound great!! It is one of your slower blues songs. But I kind of want to surprise you or scare you LOL  Just give me an idea which pickup & effect I should maybe use. Thanks
Wiley I can't wait to hear you bending them Blues notes on lead :o 8) 8)
My favourite blues patches on the MBr are
Big Strum (probably my all time favourite guitar effect)
Blues Drive
Texas ST
Smooth Lead (T J uses this a lot)
As to which pup I would recommend either the neck or both (the bridge can be a bit harsh ( you could try and roll the tone back for a "woman" tone as Clapton used to )
Hope that helps ;)

Thanks SdC I will try a different mix
AS always 64 guitars you are the man....I am about to start exploring the guitar effect patches now!
admin I started with a backing track that I had already added some guitar and mixed it with more bass......

As an aside I found the MBR difficult to use, so I was nervous about delving in to unkown territory...i'e I did just enough to allow me to play with you guys....
With the '600 I am really enjoying learning about the technical side of recording
I think its a lot to do with the size of the buttons and the duality of lots of the buttons
basically whilst the '600 is meant to be more complex I view it as the toddler's MBR
(lots of colours and big buttons) ;D ;D

Bluesberry

I really like the sound you are getting here with the two guitars planned L&R. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

Thanks 48, The weekend is upon us and I have lots of songs to work on. LOL